Florida Prepares for K-12 Math Textbook Adoption
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/13/99, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p8
Presents news briefs related to educational publishing industry in the United States as of December 1999.
- College Textbook Sales Increase 22.4% To $202.3M In November. // Educational Marketer;1/24/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the increased sales for college textbooks in November 2004 in the U.S. Rate of increase; Consistency of the posted net sales with publishers' projections.
- Pearson Education, Houghton Mifflin And McGraw- Hill Make Changes In Their K-12 Executive Ranks. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the changes in the executive ranks of three of the largest K-12 textbook publishers in the U.S. Collaboration of Kathy Hurley as the new vice president of strategic solutions of the School Companies Group of Pearson Education Inc.; Citation of Lee Jones as president of the Riverside...
- Upcoming North Carolina Science Textbook Adoption To Feature Separate Category For Kits. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the feature of science approved kits on the upcoming science textbook adoption in North Carolina. Recommendation of science materials by the state Textbook Commission to the state Board of Education; Factors that could have influenced publishers' decisions to forego the adoption;...
- New California Standards Pose Dilemmas for Text Publishers. Currence, Cindy // Education Week;11/7/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the obstacles in meeting new standards that seek to put more content and substance into textbooks San Francisco, California. Representatives of the textbook industry states that their efforts to comply with new requirements to include classical literature in text may bring...
- As Fall Buying Season Opens, College Textbook Sales Fall: AAP. // Educational Marketer;10/13/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the financial performance of the educational publishing industry in the U.S. Gross sales of college textbooks in August 2003; Percentage of students who do not purchase textbooks; Action taken by the National Association of College Stores.
- Thomson Trains Profs, Students To Use Textbooks, Ancillary Materials. // Educational Marketer;1/26/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p4
Reports on Thomson Learning Corp. in Stamford, Connecticut's launched of First Class In-Service program for its college textbooks. Objectives of the in-service program; Director of academic reseller management for Thomson Learning, Stephen Hochheiser's explanation on the program design; Trends...
- K-12, College Textbooks & Tests Increase 3.6% to $8.27B In 2003. // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the increase of sales of K-12, college textbooks and standardized tests in the U.S. Figures released by the Association of American Publishers on the overall net sales for the industry; Representation of K-12 as the second largest category in the book industry; Position of trade...
- News Brief... // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p8
Reports development involving companies in the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Addition of math titles to the classroom reading program of National Geographic Society; Introduction of the second edition of Sounds Sensible, a pre-K-1 phonological awareness and beginning...