Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Pursues Debt Restructuring
- HMH and NWEA Partner in South Carolina. // Electronic Education Report;6/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the partnership between Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) Publishing Co. and Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA). It says that the partnership agreement is to align the Destination Math and Destination Reading curriculum of HMH with the assessment data from the Measures...
- Expedited Restructurings in the U.S. and Select Latin American and Caribbean Jurisdictions. Cooper, Richard J.; Moss, Joel; Brenneman, Adam // Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law;Nov2011, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p675
After providing a brief overview of pre-packaged and pre-negotiated Chapter 11 plans in the United States, this article discusses the procedures available for implementing expedited restructurings under the laws of Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Peru, and the Dominican Republic.
- Irish examinership: post-eircom A look at Ireland's fastest and largest restructuring through examinership and the implications for the process. Baxter, David; Sheridan, Tanya // Insolvency & Restructuring International;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p26
The article presents an overview of the Irish examinership process, a restructuring process of Ireland. It discusses the key features and capability to implement a restructuring of the exminership process. It highlights the advantages of the process by examinership of the Irish...
- DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE "B" WORD. Stubbs Jr., Trawick H. // Business North Carolina;Jun2007, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p96
The article discusses issues related to the U.S. policy toward the discharge of debts. The author argues that in the U.S., bankruptcy is for individuals and businesses seeking financial restructuring, rehabilitation and elimination of debt. Chapter 11 is one of three chapters under the...
- Metrogas Files for Bankruptcy. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p17
The article reports on the move by Argentine gas utility Metrogas to file for reorganization protection under the laws of Argentina due to its failure to restructure its over 270 million dollar debt.
- Some of 2007's big deals don't fit the mold. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/28/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p27
The article introduces a series of articles on sales, mergers and acquisitions in Detroit, Michigan. Two deals are specifically highlighted, including one on debt restructuring and another on a potential big acquisition.
- O'Callaghan Takes Hands-On Role as CEO at HMH. // Educational Marketer;4/13/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article announces that Barry O'Callaghan was appointed chief executive officer (CEO) at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH).
- Group of creditors aim to secure swap from Parmalat. Staff // Private Placement Letter;11/15/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the issuance of a debt for equity swap for creditors of Parmalat Finanziaria SpA as part of the company's reorganization plan in Italy. Total number of bankruptcy claims processed by the company; Estimates on the total value of the plan; Impact of the move on the recovery process of...
- Court OKs Pliant's latest strategy. DeRosa, Angie // Plastics News;7/10/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p18
The article reports on the approval of Schaumburg, Illinois-based Pliant Corp.'s reorganization plan by a U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Pliant listed total debts of nearly $1.2 billion and total assets of $604.2 million in its filing. Pliant will exit Chapter 11 by early July 2006, under the new plan....