News Briefs ï¿½
- Haights Cross Leverages Test Prep Publisher EDI Into Skillspower.com. // Electronic Education Report;08/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p6
Reports that educational and professional publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. has launched a business, called Skillspower.com to provide test preparation materials through the Internet, CD-ROM and in-service training.
- Partnerships and Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p7
Presents an update on partnerships and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the United States as of November 5, 2001, which include the licensing agreement between Haights Cross Communications and Simon & Schuster.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;9/15/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p8
Reports that White Plains, New York-based supplemental publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. has completed a multi-million dollar refinancing in the U.S.
- Haights Cross Extends Tender Deadline Again. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/20/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p27
The article reports on the decision of Haights Cross Communications to again extend the deadline for its bond exchange offer to July 20, 2009 from July 13, 2009. According to the White Plains, New York-based educational publishing company, it remains in the same position it has been since the...
- HCC Sells Recorded Books to Wasserstein. // Educational Marketer;2/7/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of private equity firm Wasserstein & Co. of the Recorded Books audiobook business of Haights Cross Communications Inc. in January 2014. It is inferred that the purchasing transcations were co-invested by Northwestern Mutual and Lexington Partners....
- Haights Cross Is Set To Complete $50M Acquisition Of K-8 Supplemental Provider Options Publishing. // Educational Marketer;12/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Options Publishing Inc., publisher of K-8 reading and mathematics supplemental materials, by K-12 supplemental publisher Haights Cross Communications. Investment in standards-based materials; Value of the deal; Compliance for a high-quality acquisition by Options;...
- Haights Cross' School Sales Basically Flat in 2006 in Soft Market. // Educational Marketer;3/19/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p3
The article focuses on the financial performance of White Plains, New York-based Haights Cross Communications as of the fourth quarter of 2006. As reported, revenue from its K-12 school sales of supplementary, test prep and intervention products decreased by 3.6 percent to $23.8 million during...
- Post- Recapitalization, Haights Cross Considers Strategic Alternatives. // Educational Marketer;9/3/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the strategic decisions considered by White Plains, New York-based Haights Cross Communications Inc. to survive its business. The company decided to sell the K-12 Supplemental Educational Publishing unit, Sundance/Newbridge, where revenue has been in freefall for more than...
- People... // Educational Marketer;3/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p8
Explains that White Plains, New York-based K-12 supplemental and library publisher Haights Cross named Linda Koons executive vice president and publisher. Reporting to chairman and chief executive officer Peter Quandt; Executive positions at Scholastic; Consulting work in education and...