College Sales Up 13.1% at 10-Month Mark
- E-BOOKS GO TO COLLEGE. HANSON, CHERI // Quill & Quire;Nov2008, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p25
The article focuses on the efforts of a group of five U.S. publishers to promote electronic college textbooks in Canada. CourseSmart, an online marketplace for digital books, was created in 2007 by McGraw-Hill Cos., Pearson Education Inc., Cengage Learning Inc., John Wiley & Sons Inc., and...
- Sales of College Textbook Units Decline in 2010. // Educational Marketer;11/21/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the decline in the sales of college textbooks by 5.8 percent in 2010 in the U.S. Data from PubTrack are highlighted which revealed that the sale of books decreased from 45.8 million in 2009 to 43.2 million in 2010. Alfred A. Knopf was the publisher with the greatest...
- College Textbook Net Sales Skyrocket in January. // Educational Marketer;4/13/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the increase of college textbook net sales by 29% in January 2009 as revealed by the Association of American Publishers in the U.S. The strong gross sales and a significant fall-off in returns have contributed to the growth of net sales, reflecting continued strength in...
- Q1 College Textbook Sales Decline 8.2%. // Educational Marketer;5/23/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the 8.2-percent decline in sales of college textbook in the U.S. in the first quarter of fiscal 2011. According to the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the decline of the quarterly net sales in 2011 contrasts the 18-percent net sales in the first quarter of 2010....
- AN EXAMINATION OF FACTORS INFLUENCING PUBLISHER'S ACCELERATED REVISIONS TO INTRODUCTORY BUSINESS TEXTBOOKS. Zinser, Brian A.; Brunswick, Gary J. // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Apr2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p23
Based upon evidence and recent trends which seem to indicate that textbook publishers are accelerating the rate of textbook revisions, the authors provide an examination of the factors which appear to influence this faster rate of textbook revisions.
- College Sales Decline in June and H1. // Educational Marketer;9/23/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on the decline in the sales of the college publishing industry in the U.S. in June and in the first half of 2013. According to the Association of American Publishers, the net sales in June 2013 fell by 27.3% to $331.4 million as compared to June 2012. Cengage Learning, the...
- Book marketing's next chapter. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;4/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that book publishers will host a 36-hour Publishing Hackaton in New York that aims to inspire programmers, designers and entrepreneurs to develop an app, widget or website that will solve the riddle of how to expose potential book buyers to title they did not know they wanted.
- Directory of Syndicates. // Editor & Publisher;Jul2010, Vol. 143 Issue 7, p40
A directory of syndicates related to the publishing sector in the U.S. is presented.
- Publisher Directory. // Multicultural Review;Fall2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p91
A directory for publishing companies in the U.S. is presented including Beacon Press, Gotham Books, and Random House.