Princeton Review Plans to Buy Penn Foster in $170M Deal
- Princeton Review Buys Penn Foster. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/26/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of Penn Foster Education Group from The Wicks Group by The Princeton Review for about 170 million dollars. Under the deal, Penn Foster will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Princeton Review and will operate as an independent entity, while retaining...
- The Wicks Group Raising Fund IV. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/16/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p20
The article reports that The Wicks Group's Wicks Capital Partners IV LP has raised a total of 278.4 million dollars of a targeted 559.9 million dollars.
- "VIBE" IS REVIVEDâ€¦. // Media Industry Newsletter;8/17/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the relaunch of the magazine "Vibe" by Intermedia Group in August 2009. The relaunch reportedly got far more attention than the magazine's launch 16 years ago, when it was perceived as foreign to middle America. Vibe was closed by the Wicks Group in June 2009 due to the...
- Wicks Buys Antenna Audio. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/6/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p27
The article reports on the purchase of Antenna Audio by New York-based private equity firm The Wicks Group from Discovery Communications.
- Meet the New Assistant Editor. // Air & Space Lawyer;2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p4
The article presents information on the new assistant editor of the journal, Lisa A. Harig. It mentions that Harig is Counsel at Wicks Group PLLC, in Washington D.C. Harig's practice focuses primarily on aviation financing and commercial transactions. It informs about her education and states...
- Putting customers to work. POSNER, BRUCE G. // Inc.;Jun90, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p111
Recounts how The Princeton Review founder and chief executive officer John Katzman has successfully integrated full-time employees with part-time employees who are former happy clients to create a workforce that is in touch with the market and performs well. INSET: The customer as employee...
- Strong Revenue Growth For The Princeton Review; Profitability Near. // Electronic Education Report;3/26/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p5
Reports the revenue growth of The Princeton Review Co. in the U.S. Details on the test preparation business; Discussions on prospects for profitability; Plans in moving to district level sales.
- Kirkpatrick Moves from HMH to Princeton Review. // Educational Marketer;12/ 7/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p3
The article announces that Scott Kirkpatrick was appointed president of Test Preparation Services division for Princeton Review Inc.
- The Princeton Review Borrows $25 Million, Continues Plans For IPO. // Educational Marketer;03/05/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on a credit line secured by the Princeton Review Inc., a test-preparation provider, to help it buy back franchises as it continues its preparation to go public.