Lieberman's Successor Transitions in Next Spring at Wiley
- Planning for your golden years. Barnes, R. // Black Enterprise;Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p64
Stresses the importance of careful retirement planning, particularly for those of the Baby Boomer generation. Changing image of the traditional employer-sponsored retirement plan combined with Social Security; Shifts toward employee contribution plans and self-reliance; Calculating future...
- Think before you leap. Harris, A.S. // Black Enterprise;Dec90, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p6 0
Surveys several common early retirement plans. Why they have become increasingly popular among companies; Points to consider if offered early retirement; Pros and cons of early retirement; Life after retirement.
- The Evolution of Retirement Practices. // Congressional Digest;Nov82, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p260
Focuses on the changes in retirement practices and policies in the United States from the 1930s to the 1980s. Enactment of the Old Age and Survivors Insurance Act into law in 1935; Increase in the development of private pension plans in the 1940s.
- Americans save more, but still below retirement goals. // Christian Science Monitor;12/17/96, Vol. 89 Issue 16, p8
Reports that the Workplace Pulse Survey found that although a growing number of Americans are saving more for retirement, many still are not setting aside enough to meet the income they expect after they quit work. Average annual retirement savings; Percentage of persons who are not setting...
- Designing retirement programs. Napoli Jr., William // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p119
Offers tips for employers on how to design employee retirement programs. Alternative vehicles for financing benefits; Factors that influence a company's decision; Factors that influence plan design in the United States.
- Retired teachers--a neglected resource. Williams, J.C.; Peltier, G.L. // Education;Spring92, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p382
Examines the relationship between educators' willingness to engage in post retirement employment in education and factors which influence post retirement employment decisions. The sample population; Establishment of significant relationships; Interest in alternative work schedules; Suggestions...
- Reality meets retirement. Mungin, H. // Essence (Essence);Jan1990, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p30
Opinion. Summarizes the author's experiences after he retired at age 48, and some of the financial problems he has faced.
- Aging in place from north to south. Clemons, Margaret // Generations;Spring92, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p63
Recounts the author's true-life retirement experience. Relocating from Massachusetts to South Carolina; Joined by her 91 year old mother; Revisits and return by her mother; A major outing and other daily activities; Visiting other elders; Advice from mother; Planting onions and keeping a jigsaw...
- Ins and outs of retirement. Pedone, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p19
Discusses the basics of retirement on Long Island, New York. Percentage of employment income needed by Long Islanders to continue their lifestyle during retirement; Accumulation of assets on a tax deferred basis; Distinction between defined benefit and defined contribution plans; Reasons of...