Moodlerooms, Datatel Team Up for Learning Platform
- DISTRIBUTED DATA PROCESSING: A viable tool in the manager's future? Hall, Stuart P. // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb78, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p26
Describes the procedures for distributed data processing (DDP). Use of DDP in middle management; Advantages of distributing hardware; Development of a working knowledge of DDP fundamentals and the hardware involved; Implications for industrial management.
- In search of better router management. McConnell, John // Business Communications Review;Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p39
Presents ways to find a router that meets the computer networking needs in management. Application of network design; Incorporation of System Network Architecture (SNA) traffic within the Internet; Managing remote routers; Complexity of internets.
- Manager's bulletin board. // InfoWorld;3/10/97, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p64
Presents news development related to computer applications in management in the United States, as of March 10, 1997. Includes the projection on the increase in smart card usage; New York City's demand of a payroll software solution.
- MANAGEMENT IMPLICATIONS OF EDP INSTALLATIONS. Shields, Robert C. // Industrial Management;Nov77, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the management implications of computer installation. Cost effectiveness of electronic data processing; Accuracy of accounting procedures; Range of electronic data processing activities.
- A short course on OLAP tools. Vint-Johnson, Diane; Henderson, Deborah // CMA Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p15
Discusses various aspects of online analytical processing (OLAP). History of OLAP systems; Deployment; Risks involved in buying systems; Monitoring business performance improvement. INSET: Applying OLAP in a life insurance company..
- Profits from Data Collection. Gupta, Praveen // PC FAB;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p52
Discusses the importance for companies to improve data analysis. Concern over the neglect of data collection; Importance of understanding efficient operations in maintaining profitability; Purpose of data collection.
- Business process flow management and its application in the telecommunications management network. Shan, Ming-Chien; Davis, James W. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Oct96, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p70
Focuses on the Hewlett-Packard (HP) OpenPM business process flow management system. Process model; Process execution; Business objects; Resource and policy management; Worklist and application data handlers; Security; BPFM in the telecommunications management network; Synchronous Optical...
- The Changing Face of Content Management. Dale, Tom // AIIM E-DOC;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p64
Focuses on the state of enterprise content management (ECM) in the marketplace. Analysis of the marketing and technology directions of ECM; Estimation of ECM adoption; Requirement for the acquisition process.
- Thought leadership trend sweeps industry. Braly, Damon // Health Management Technology;Nov1995, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Discusses the emerging influence of information technology in shaping future industries. Application of the fundamentals of the philosophy; Emergence of intellectual or knowledge leaders; Familiarity with competitors.