Eight States Share $6.6 Million in New Striving Reader Grants
- Material Culture as a Source for Writing the History of a School: a Brazilian Example. Pessanha, Eurize Caldas; Tavares Silva, Fabiany de Cássia // Journal of Studies in Education;May2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p210
This paper presents and discusses theoretical-methodological questions that are raised regarding the collection, classification, and analysis of information found in documents and photographs. These questions are related to an extensive research project whose goal was to write a middle school's...
- East Bernard supply list. // East Bernard Express (TX);7/31/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p7
The article lists the supply needed by the fifth and sixth grader of East Bernard Junior High School for the year 2008 to 2009 which includes running shoes and socks, gray T-shirts, and maroon shorts.
- East Bernard Junior High School Supply list. // East Bernard Express (TX);7/31/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p5
The article lists the school supplies for Grades 7-8 in East Bernard Junior High School in Texas.
- Missouri School Gets Power Boost for Sports Facilities. // FRONT of HOUSE;Jun2014, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the installation of an audio system at Liberty High School in O'Fallon, Missouri, by McClure Engineering and TSI Global, using Ashly ne-Series multi-channel amplifiers to power Renkus-Heinz loudspeakers.
- Lowe's program to benefit junior high. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/26/2013, p1
The article reports on the move by Clarendon Junior High School to participate in a program that will allow it to earn free school equipment through Lowe's Family Center on August 17, 2013-March 31, 2014.
- Lechler donates to East Bernard. // East Bernard Express (TX);4/ 5/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p7
It states that Shane Lechler, an Oakland Raiders punter and fomer student of East Bernard High School, has donated to his alma mater in East Bernard, Texas with an equipment grant worth 1,500 dollars.
- Shootings spur security upgrades. // Hotel & Motel Management;8/1/2006, Vol. 221 Issue 14, p130
The article focuses on the efforts of the city government of Spokane, Washington in the installation of security systems in various high schools in the city. These efforts of the city government of Spokane are for emergency purposes based on the shooting incidents that occurred at the Columbine...
- Baltimore Panel To Decide Whether Book Shortage Exists. // Education Week;10/30/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the appointment of a committee to investigate whether the allegation of complaints against the shortage of textbooks and supplies in public schools is valid in Baltimore, Maryland. Some school officials complaint of lack of textbooks for the 110,000 students of their...
- TEXAS NEGROES WAGED BITTER FIGHT FOR FINE NEW SCHOOL. // Ebony;Oct1952, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p54
The article reports on the fight by the African American community for the construction for a new building and purchase of new equipment for the Phillis Wheatley high school for African American students, resulting in the inclusion of the school in the list of the finest and best equipped school...