CK-12 Offers Free Flexbook Textbook Model in K-12
- Books Sail South. Brett, Jen // Cruising World;Mar2013, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the arrival of books and teaching supplies from the non-profit organization Hands Across the Sea at schools, libraries, reading programs and youth centers throughout the eastern Caribbean in 2013.
- Hunan Province Overhauls Primary and Secondary School Teaching Guidance Materials. // Chinese Education & Society;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p100
Reports decline of the volume of teaching guide materials and educational readers for primary and secondary schools in Hunan Province, China. Reasons for the reduction of the volume of materials; Impact of the decline of educational guide materials on students; Implications for financial burden...
- The Nook STEM Station. King, Alessandra // Mathematics Teaching;Mar2015, Issue 245, p15
The article discusses an activity program involving a nook STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) station in a classroom that used hands-on activities to develop mathematical thinking in middle school students, involving bulletin boards and posters to encourage students.
- SCHOLASTIC News TEACHER'S GUIDE Vol. 76 No. 4, September 30, 2013. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);
The article presents teaching ideas and themes, lesson plans, discussion guides, extension activities and other teaching resources for teachers of K-12 grades, including topics such as analyzing visuals, the use of prefixes and about the nonprofit organization, One Laptop per Child.
- ADL missed much in schools' texts. PERGAMENT, RUSSEL // Jewish Advocate;4/5/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 14, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "No evidence of hate education" in the March 8, 2013 issue.
- Teachers' direct buying power approaches $2 billion. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/12/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p15
Reports on the purchase of educational materials and school supplies by public schools in Connecticut. Budget allocations for education; Types of products purchased; Benefits for the students.
- ECISD invites public to view materials. // Wilson County News;1/28/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p7A
The article offers brief information on the public review event of the East Central Independent School District (ECISD) wherein school teachers offers samples of K-12 social studies, 9-12 mathematics and fine arts instructional materials for public viewing in Texas, on January 30, 2015.
- It's Your Choice Now! Sabato, George // Social Studies Review;Spring/Summer2006, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p69
The article discusses the challenges associated with California middle school teachers' selection of new history and social studies textbooks for the 2006-2007 school year. The new textbooks are intended to help teachers guide students through the demanding subject matter order set in the...
- Multimodal learning clubs. Casey, Heather // Middle School Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p39
The article examines multimodal learning clubs as learning tools in U.S. classrooms. The author explains that multimodal learning clubs are a classroom strategy that supports the acquisition of new knowledge among students through the combined use of digital tools and requisite literacy methods....