School Specialty Expects Little Boost from Federal Stimulus Funds
- IL '10 Science Postponed As Adoption Market Weakens. // Educational Marketer;8/31/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the postponement of the planned 2010 adoption of science materials to 2011 in North Carolina. It highlights the reduction in the state budget for public schools by 350 million dollars in appropriation funds. According to David Vander Zanden, chief executive officer (CEO)...
- School Specialty Looks to a Better Spring 2011. // Educational Marketer;12/ 6/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p1
The article forecasts the financial performance of Wisconsin-based School Specialty Inc. for fiscal year 2011. School Specialty chief executive officer (CEO) David Vander Zanden believes that the school year 2011 is the company's trough for school funding. It also notes that the company expects...
- School Specialty Seeks COO and Other Executive Posts. // Educational Marketer;12/11/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p4
The article features the hiring of K-12 supplemental publisher and distributor School Specialty (Greenville, Wis.) of three executive posts including chief operating officer (COO) in the coming months. School Specialty president and CEO David Vander Zanden told EM that the company is in the...
- Weathering Tough Year, School Specialty Looks Ahead. // Educational Marketer;2/28/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p6
The article looks into the business operations of School Specialty Inc. which is experiencing a decline of its revenue by 12.9% to 89.8-million dollars in the third quarter ended January 23, 2010 in the U.S. Despite the monetary inadequacies, the company continues to invest in product...
- Feds Give Fewer Dollars Than States. // Principal;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the amount of money that the U.S. federal government contributed to public elementary and secondary education during the 2006-2007 school year.
- Expanded Funding for Early Learning. // Touching Base;Jun2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Federal government has released state-by-state fact sheets about expanded federal funding for early learning initiatives.
- Vander Zanden Plans To Retire; School Specialty Has Good Spring. // Educational Marketer;7/4/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p1
The article announces the retirement of David Vander Zanden as president and chief executive officer (CEO) at School Specialty Inc.
- District's CTE Grant Writing Successes Buoyed by Community and Business Support. Emeagwaii, N. Susan // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2016, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p20
The article discusses the success of school district's career and technical education (CTE) grant writing in the U.S. which buoyed by community and business support. It outlines some of the principles of crowdfunding as a way to fund smaller projects, including personalizing the request, keeping...
- Dream BIG! FUNDING YOUR CTE PROGRAM TO MEET STUDENT AND PROGRAM NEEDS. Watkins, Leslie // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2016, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses the grant writing for career and technical education (CTE) in the U.S. It outlines the types of grants to be availed including federal, foundation, and online grants, as well as the tools for monitoring the requirements and processes for submitting a proposal, such as...