Financial Briefs ï¿½
- TECH BRIEFS. // Supply Management;7/23/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p9
The article offers news briefs related to information technology (IT) outsourcing. The IT outsourcing value of deals in Great Britain rose by 31% in the first half of 2009 due to 500 million pounds deal of BT with the National Health Service (NHS). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) signed a...
- Williams Lea secures $1bn print contract. // Printing World;Dec2008, p42
The article reports on the service contract between U.S.-based publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. and British printing firm Williams Lea. It discusses the provisions of the said multi-year agreement as well as notes its significance for each company. It also includes the view of...
- $1bn print deal for Williams Lea. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);11/28/2008, p8
The article reports on a $1 billion multi-year print services deal signed by U.S. publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and print giant Williams Lea. Under the deal, Williams Lea will manage a large part of the print and book manufacturing needs of the publisher. In return, the deal will provide...
- DEALS. DEAHL, RACHEL // Publishers Weekly;12/24/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 52, p9
The article presents information on book deals as of December 24, 2012, which include the sale of Jon Scieszka's middle school series to the publishing company Amulet Books, the sale of the rights to the book "Grindhouse Girls: Cinema's Hardest Working Women," by Lianne Spiderbaby, to Thomas...
- Around the States ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the adoption of the"Math in Focus: The Singapore Approach" by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) at public schools in Fayette County, Kentucky.
- Publisher Launches Innovation Fund. Quillen, Ian // Education Week;9/22/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the publishing company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's funding of $400 million aimed at innovation in education.
- FINANCIALS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p11
The article reports that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. has filed a Chapter 11 financial restructuring plan with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York.
- Cullinane Heads Content at HMH. // Educational Marketer;4/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p6
The article announces that Mary Cullinane was appointed chief content officer at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. in Boston, Massachusetts.
- HMH Goes Mobile with Fuse for iPad. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p6
The article focuses on the move of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) to launch a year-long Apple iPad pilot program in four school districts in California with the use of an application for Holt McDougal Algebra I.