News Briefs ï¿½
- Share premium account becomes distribution profits. Cooper, Stephanie; D. K. // Accountancy;Jul94, Vol. 114 Issue 1211, p100
Focuses on the plan of Quayle Munro Holdings to use share premium account to cancel the deficit on profit and liabilities account in Scotland. Petition to the Court of Session for the cancellation of the share premium account
- APB draft insurance guidance. // Accountancy;Feb1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1266, p118
Reports on Great Britain's Auditing Practices Board's publication of a consultation draft of a proposed practice note for Lloyd's syndicates and insurance companies. Coverage of the draft; Availability of copies.
- Quayle Munro transfers work. // Public Private Finance;Jun2004, Issue 84, p3
Reports that Quayle Munro, the Edinburgh-based corporate finance and investment house, is in talks in 2004 to transfer the majority of its PFI work to a new PFI fund. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on public-private finance and partnerships.
- New Business Ventures in Education Strategy. // Educational Marketer;10/25/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p8
No abstract available.
- Levin to Join van Tulleken Co. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/14/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 28, p16
Reports that Martin Levin, a publishing deal maker, will join The van Tulleken Company as part of the firm's senior management team. Career background of Levin; Specialization of The van Tulleken Co.
- Local authorities buying into LIFT. // Public Private Finance;Mar2004, Issue 81, p3
Reports on the British National Health Service (NHS) LIFT scheme, a project which combines funds from the Department of Health and the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) to deliver health and community services. State of the negotiation between local stakeholders and a consortium of...
- Mergers and Acquisitions Outlook Continues To Be Strong in 2007. // Educational Marketer;4/30/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the strong outlook for mergers and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry for 2007. According to Robin Warner, a partner in the van Tulleken Co. in New York, private equity has been stirring the pot, which has been the reason for the strong market. Key...
- Pearson Acquires PowerSchool from Apple, Broadening its Student Information Offerings. // Electronic Education Report;6/2/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on Pearson Education Inc. in Upper Saddle River in New Jersey that will acquire Powerschool Inc. from Apple to broaden student information system division, and to develop iPod-compatible educational content. Robin Warner, partner at Van Tulleken Co. said that PowerSchool is a...
- Lerner Publishing Makes Two Acquisitions. // Book Publishing Report;8/2/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p6
The publishing house Lerner Publishing Group has acquired Millbrook Press Inc. and imprint of its company Twenty-First Century Books for an undisclosed amount. Twenty-First Century Books is a nonfiction library imprint targeted for grades 7 and up. Van Tulleken Co. represented Millbrook Press in...