Digital Helps To Drive Hard-Won Success In First Half of 2009
- At Mid-Point, '09 Great For Colleges, Brutal for PreK-12. // Educational Marketer;8/17/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the condition of the educational publishing industry in the U.S. in 2009 and 2010. According to Harold McGraw, chairman, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos., sales in the elementary/high school market is declining, while a...
- E-Textbooks Find Legs in Higher Education. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p1
The article focuses on the application of electronic books in higher education in the U.S. In the wider higher education instructional materials segment in 2009, estimates of sales in electronic textbooks was 120.5 million dollars. Electronic textbooks are expected to continue to scale through...
- K-12 Sales Inch Up In July, While College Sales Show Stronger Growth. // Educational Marketer;09/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the sales of instructional materials for K-12 and college students in the United States in July 1999.
- Merlot. Schell, George P.; Burns, Max // e-Service Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p53
University faculties are under increasing pressure to do more with less. They are expected to continuously improve educational experiences to more students at less expense. Without assistance, the pressures of increasing demands and decreasing resources may prove too great to maintain a high ...
- PreK-12 Sales Decline on Weaker Supplemental Sales in August. // Educational Marketer;11/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p7
The article discusses the sales report for PreK-12 instructional materials in 2006 in the U.S., released by the School Division of the Association of American Publishers. The report stated that sales in August have declined by 1.6 percent to $798.5 million. Year-to-date figures also dropped...
- Create Customized Course Materials. // T H E Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p42
Announces the debut of customized course materials XanEdu serving the higher education sector in the United States. Importance of CoursePacks in curricula customization; Availability of CoursePacks; Usefulness of MBA ReSearch Engine for term papers and presentations of students; Relevance of...
- College IM Sales Decline 6% in July. // Educational Marketer;10/24/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p8
The article discusses the six percent decline in the sales of instructional materials in July 2011 based from the monthly report of the Association of American Publishers in the U.S..
- College Sales Growth Pace Flattens in July; Returns Down. // Educational Marketer;10/12/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the sales of college instructional materials that continues to grow with 0.9 percent to 941.5 million dollars net sales in July.
- Print Still Reigns in College Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;11/ 8/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on a survey conducted by the National Association of College Stores (NACS) OnCampus Research division on the proliferation of electronic textbooks (ebooks) in higher education in the U.S. Results indicate that 13% of college students purchased an ebook of any kind in the...