Chegg Launches Revenue-Sharing Pilot
- Recent McGraw-Hill Divestiture Could Be First Of Many. // Educational Marketer;01/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
Deals with McGraw-Hill's sale of digital printing centers to New Jersey-based Cunningham Graphics International.
- McGraw-Hill Beats Expectations for 2002; Education Revenue Grew 1.5%. // Electronic Education Report;2/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports that educational publisher McGraw-Hill Co. beat industry expectations for its 2002 fourth-quarter revenue.
- California Reading Adoption: Houghton Is Popular, But More Sales for All Are Still to Come. // Educational Marketer;10/14/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Houghton Mifflin and McGraw-Hill's sales performance in the California K-8 reading adoption as of October 14, 2002.
- What's in a Name? McGraw-Hill Decides to Revisit its Branding. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p2
Focuses on the red and white logo of U.S. educational publisher McGraw-Hill.
- Q1 Softness, Tight-Fisted Schools Afflict McGraw-Hill's K-12 Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/5/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on the performance of the K-12 educational publishing business of McGraw-Hill Co. for the first quarter of 2003 in the U.S. Factors dampening the growth of the company's K-12 revenue; Positive effect of federal funding on the K-12 market; Increase in the total revenue generated by the...
- Publishers Settle Copyright Infringement Claims with Online Tutor. // Educational Marketer;11/21/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p6
The article reports on the settlement among college publishers over claims of cpyright and trademark infringement with the online tutoring site Student of Fortune in the U.S. The infringement claims occurred prior to the acquisition of the site by online textbook rental firm Chegg. The...
- Mid-Year, K-12 Industry Waits for a Break. // Educational Marketer;8/15/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p1
The article discusses the optimism of several publishers in the PreK-12 industry for the second half of 2011 amidst sales declines in the first half of the year. It says that Pearson Education Inc. anticipates growth for 2011 with its digital programs. It tells that McGraw-Hill Cos. expects high...
- McGraw-Hill Captures Texas Science Adoption, Though Reception is Cool for its E-Book. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p1
Reports that Texas schools have ordered a majority of science textbooks from New York-based publisher McGraw-Hill Co. Electronic textbook; Assessments to diagnose student comprehension of state's science standards; Prescriptive lessons to help raise student performance.
- From Textbooks to Tests, Educational Publishers Remain Upbeat About Growth for Rest of 2003. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p1
Reports on growth forecast in the educational publishing industry for the rest of 2003 in the United States. Implications of the vagaries of the K-12 school funding situation; Revenue projection of McGraw-Hill Co. despite sluggish first-quarter K-12 revenue; Revenue growth projection of Pearson...