Around the States ï¿½
- Alerting School Districts to an Expected Influx of Students Makes Good Sense. Wentworth, Jeff // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/18/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on the move of the U.S. Legislative Budget Board to put a base budget for public school education that totals $49 billion in all funds.
- How Public Schools Fail. // Teen Ink;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p24
The author reflects on the reasons for the failure of public school education in the U.S.
- Preface. // Market Approach to Education: An Analysis of America's First Vou;2001, preceding p3
A preface to the book "Market Approach to Education: An Analysis of America's First Voucher Program," by John F. Witte is presented.
- BACKSTAGE. // Ebony;Aug1954, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the U.S. Supreme Court's decision about outlawing racial segregation in public schools on May 18, 1954.
- Home equity in school rankings. // ATA News;3/13/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p2
This section offers news briefs on education as of March 2012 including the move by real estate brokerage firm Realosophy to rank desirable neighbourhoods based on school performance, Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum's astonishment about the normality of children graduating from...
- New Data on the Racial Gap in Public School Teachers and Principals Filed in Breaking News, Racial Gap on August 26, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);8/29/2013, p5
The article reports that according to new data from the U.S. Department of Education as of August 26, 2013, there has been a racial gap in public school teachers and principals, as African Americans make up 10.1 percent of all teachers in the nation's K-12 public schools.
- The Road Ahead. Grant, Steven // NEA Today;Spring2014, p11
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including segregation in public schools in the U.S., poverty and inequality in many schools, and breaking the cycle of segregation.
- Vocational education? Bring that on. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/23/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p4A
The article presents the author's views on the non-existence of vocational education in the public schools of the U.S. since last 30 years.
- The School and the Citizen. // America;12/9/1922, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p182
The author addresses the failure of public schools in the U.S. to produce good citizens and voters. None of children in the country receive instruction about religion in their schools. The author claims that unless children are trained to love God above all things and love all men for the sake...