Gearing Up for Social Studies
- Russo. A Facebook for lesson sharing: Will Internet collaboration replace professional development? // Scholastic Administrator;Aug2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p17
In this article the author comments on the significance of online lesson plan sharing. He discusses the emergence of several web sites dedicated to online lesson sharing for teachers which include TeacherTube and BetterLesson. He mentions that lesson sharing in the Internet is good but teachers...
- Free Digital Content for Calculus and Algebra 2. // Curriculum Review;Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
The article presents a profile of the Math Nspired website, found at www.mathnspired.com, which provides free lesson plans and educational resources Geometry, Algebra, and Calculus. The website, which is sponsored by the educational technology group Texas Instruments (TI), was developed based on...
- Recommended Websites for Teaching Economics. O'Connor, Thomas // Social Science Docket;Winter/Spring2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p22
The article reviews several websites used for teaching economics which include All About Economics, located at http://www.suelebeau.com/economics.htm, Banking Kids, located at http://www.bankingkids.com and Investopedia, located at http://www.investopedia.com.
- LeapFrog adds curriculum to learning toys in effort to enter school market. // Electronic Education Report;07/21/99, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p4
Reports on interactive learning tools developer LeapFrog's move into the school market by adding lesson plans and built-in assessment features to its consumer products.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p8
Provides update on the educational market in the United States as of December 6, 1999.
- Adoptions Drive Strong Sales In K-12 Market; College Sales On Rebound. // Educational Marketer;08/21/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p5
Reports on the total sales of instructional materials to the K-12 market in California for the first half of 2000.
- AAP Report Shows 60% Drop In College Sales In October 2000. // Educational Marketer;01/08/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the decline in the net sales of college instructional materials in the United States in October 2000.
- AAP Reports High School Sales Up While Elementary Sales Are Sluggish. // Educational Marketer;04/02/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p4
Discusses the sales of instructional materials in elementary and high schools in the United States in January 2001.
- News Briefs.... // Educational Marketer;11/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p8
Presents updates on the instructional materials industry in the U.S. as of November 12, 2001.