W. Va. to Make Textbook Adoptions User Friendly for Digital Materials
- Teachers' Views on the Applicability of the Constructivist Curriculum and the Efficiency of Related Books: TekirdaÄŸ Case. Önen, Fatma; Erdem, Aytekin; Uzal, Gürcan; GÜrdal, Ayla // Necatibey Faculty of Education Electronic Journal of Science & M;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p115
In order to reach the level of developed countries, traditional approach based on behavioral theory left its place to constructivist approach based on cognitive theory. It was detected in different studies that teachers do not have enough information about the practice of constructivist approach...
- Check it out. Berke, Amanda K. // Marketing Tools;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p36
Reports on the educational materials which Modern Education Services designed as part of a library program. Purpose of Modern Education Services for designing educational materials fit for a library program; Classes of people that patronize Modern Education Services' library program.
- CORRECTION. // School Library Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p76
Presents an erratum to an educational material review article which appeared in the July 2003 issue of the periodical 'School Library Journal.'
- Variety of electronic offerings is key element to Pearson Education strategy. // Electronic Education Report;07/21/99, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p4
Reports on Pearson Education's expansion of its electronic educational products through a deal with Universal Learning Technologies' course management system WebCT, which will allow Pearson to incorporate its college content into an Internet-based teaching platform.
- DEGREE OF INTERNET/WWW USE AND BARRIERS TO USE AMONG SECONDARY SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHERS. Vanfossen, Dr. Phillip J. // International Journal of Instructional Media;2001, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p57
The Internet/WWW has been touted as a 'good fit' for teaching in the secondary social studies classroom (White, 1997). To what degree are social studies teachers using the Internet/WWW in their classrooms? The purpose of this preliminary study was to determine the degree of use of the...
- F-Y-I. // T H E Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p36
Presents educational internet services and resources for teachers in the United States. Unique teaching materials offered by DiscoverySchool.com; Product purchasing information; Privileges of school officials on accessing student financial records through the AdvanTG Web service.
- TAPPING the Internet for Classroom Use. Schrock, Kathy // Multimedia Schools;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p38
Examines the skills educators need to take advantage of the Internet in the classroom. Task definition; Information-seeking strategies; Location of information; Use of information; Synthesis; Evaluation.
- Seeking Value on the Internet. Snyder, Becky A. // T H E Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p66
Focuses on the value of academic material purchased in the Internet. Role of the school or district budget on the product purchases; Necessity of Web surfing to find the availability of products in the area of interest; Anticipation of a publisher on the information a purchaser might require on...
- CURRICULUM HOT SPOTS ON THE WEB 2001. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Curriculum Administrator;Sep2000, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p49
Presents a guide to teaching and learning Web-based K-12 curriculum resources in the United States. Details on Websites with lesson plan sources; topics and submenus of information indexes; List of student research resources and curriculum portals.