Follett Higher Ed. Launches College Textbook Rental Program
- A Textbook Fulfillment Case. Gentry, Connie Robbins // Chain Store Age;Aug2008, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p98
The article looks at the unique business model of the Follett Higher Education Group, an Oak Brook, Illinois-based retailer and wholesaler which supplies textbooks to college bookstores. The company's inventory selection is absolutely driven by local demand, and product procurement is predicated...
- The Changing Face of the College Store. HALLIGAN, TOM // Community College Journal;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p22
The article presents information on how the college stores in the U.S. are creating new ways to improve sales of books and revenues. It is stated that competition from an increasing number of online vendors has made officials insecure. According to the author, the key to success is innovation....
- College Bookstores Head Back to Class. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/25/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 42, p4
The article focuses on the sales decline of several college bookstores in U.S., which is driven by the drop in the printed text sales and emergence of web sites offering free book access. It mentions several college bookstores including Barnes & Noble College Booksellers Inc., Follett Higher...
- Who needs a dorm room? Tooley, JoAnn; Mallory, Maria // U.S. News & World Report;10/13/97, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p51
Notes that Follett College Stores, the largest independent operator of college and university book stores in the United States, has added six giant television screens to its store at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in an attempt to increase the time and money that students spend...
- Follett, With Microsoft, To Sell E-Books On Web To College Students. // Educational Marketer;04/02/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the decision of Follett Higher Education Group company to team up with Microsoft Corp. to distribute electronic books online in the Microsoft Reader format.
- Follett Adds E-books. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p31
Highlights the launch of the eFollett electronic bookstore. Number of electronic book titles offered by the bookstore; Target consumers of the bookstore; Plans of the bookstore to collaborate with publishers.
- Newsmakers... // Educational Marketer;01/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the promotion and appointment of employees made by Follett Higher Education Group and Digi-Block LLC as of December 1999.
- People in the News. . . // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p8
Announces the appointment of Thomas Christopher as president of publishing firm Follett Higher Education Group.
- News Briefsï¿½. // Educational Marketer;7/16/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p8
The article reports on the move of Ithaca College which chose ResponseCard NXT clicker device for its campus from Turning Technologies LLC and on the move of Follett Higher Education Group Inc. which started managing the San Francisco State University Bookstore.