Evansville, Ind., Tech. Project To Wean from Textbooks
- Technology reigns in classrooms. Baraba, Sarah // Wentzville Journal;1/16/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 3, pA3
The article reports on the laptop computers issued to freshmen and sophomores in the Wentzville School District in Missouri at the beginning of the school year.
- Hardware News... // Electronic Education Report;1/14/2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
The article presents information about some hardware news. Maine Governor John Baldacci last month proposed funding laptops for all state high school students through the state's essential programs and services model, as opposed to a standalone budget item that failed to win approval during the...
- Almost there. // Graham Leader;9/11/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p3A
A photograph of Meagan Paschal, a highschool student ftom Graham Highschool (GHS) and a recipient of the GHS laptop program is presented.
- A Bold Approach to School Reform. RUSSELL, BETSY // State Legislatures;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p34
The article discusses the impact of the adoption of a school-reform plan by Idaho lawmakers in 2011 requiring two online classes to graduate and providing a laptop computer foe each high school student. With lawmakers relocating education funding to finance the changes without raising new...
- High School Students Get Laptops. // Education Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p5
The article focuses on an education program in Kansas City, Kansas, under which high school students would receive laptops to use for the school year. The students will receive MacBooks from the computer company Apple Inc. The security measures for the laptops include irremovable stickers and...
- Laptops a good tool for teaching and having fun. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;9/11/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p1A
The article reports on the students from Graham High School in Graham Young County, Texas picking up their laptops after spending the summer without using them.
- TECHNOLOGY CHAIR. Sherburne, Earl // South Dakota Musician;Winter2006, p16
Comments on the proposed provision of a laptop for every high school student in South Dakota, as of January 2006. Advantages of having access to software which students can use in music education; Concerns regarding the cost of the proposal; Way of learning about computer-related topics.
- A Digital Divide. Barack, Lauren // School Library Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the dilemma faced by the Texas State Legislature whether to buy textbooks or equip secondary school students with laptop computers. Cost of providing all secondary school students with a laptop computer; Amount of budget allocated for textbooks in 2006-2007; Comment from...
- Maine Expanding Laptops in High School. // Electronic Education Report;7/13/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p4
The article focuses on the effort made at Maine high schools to expand the distribution of laptop computers among students under the Maine Learning Technology Initiative. It says that the number of students using laptop computers will augment from 2,000 in 2008-2009 to at least 23,000 in...