Wiley's Pesce Sees Growth In College Market
- Pesce named COO at John Wiley. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 14, p20
Announces the appointment of William J. Pesce as chief operating officer at John Wiley & Sons, as of May 1, 1997. Pesce's responsibilities; His career at Wiley starting in 1989.
- Pesce will head new international group at Wiley. // Publishers Weekly;3/4/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the appointment of William J. Pesce as senior vice president and head of the Educational and International Publishing Group at Wiley. Career background.
- Wiley Looks to New Year for Revenue Improvement in Higher Ed Business. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the strategic planning by New Jersey-based educational publishing house John Wiley & Sons Inc. to improve revenue from its U.S. higher education business in the second half of 2008. The company believes that the basis for the improved outlook is a strong publishing...
- Pesce, new Wiley chief, to focus on core business. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/27/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 30, p10
Discusses William Pesce and his role as president and chief executive officer of John Wiley & Sons. Wiley's continued focus on its three core businesses--educational, professional/trade, and STM; Sales growth in the fiscal year that ended April 30, 1998; Margin improvement as one of the three...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;6/10/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the number of teacher-education titles acquired by John Wiley & Sons from Prentice Hall Direct, a unit of Pearson Education.
- Wiley Outpaces the Industry with 3% Gains in U.S. College Sales in the August-October Period. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the U.S. Increase of revenue from the college market; Increase of sales from new accounting books; Improvement of market share.
- Digital Sales Spur Wiley. // Publishers Weekly;6/20/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 25, p9
This article reports on an increase in total revenue of John Wiley & Sons in the fiscal year ended April 30, 2011.
- WileyPLUS Helps Drive Wiley Higher Ed Growth. // Educational Marketer;3/29/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the growth of higher education revenue at John Wiley & Sons in Hoboken, New Jersey. William Pesce, Wiley president and chief executive officer (CEO), states that a strong front list in textbooks, increased student enrollment, and growth in digital and custom publishing...
- HM, Wiley Post Better Results. // Publishers Weekly;11/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 44, p12
Reports financial gains experienced by Houghton Mifflin and John Wiley in the third quarter of 1998. Sales figures; Views of Houghton Mifflin chairman Nader Darehshori; Forecasting into 2000; Comments of William Pesce, president of John Wiley & Sons; Gains of specific divisions; Sales in...