Texas Funds Textbooks, and Electronics
- Oklahoma districts will receive $8.4M for hardware, software for 1998-99. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p5
Reports that the Oklahoma State Legislature has allocated $8.4 million in one-time funding in the 1998-99 school year for districts to purchase software and hardware. Need for a plan to distribute the money equally; Contact information.
- Massachusetts steps up EdTech efforts with plan to train teachers. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p7
Reports that the Massachusetts legislature has appropriated $27.5 million for educational technology spending. Federal Government's allocation for the state in 1998-99 school year; Uses of state appropriation funds; Expenditures on educational technology in school districts.
- Lawmakers to Grapple With State Role in School Funding. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p36
Reports on the possible decision that would be taken by the lawmakers in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming regarding the method of equitable funding of public schools and capital construction projects in 2002. School funding situation the states; Fund position of the three states; Sources of funding...
- School Funding Suit. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p33
Reports on the court hearing on a case with the potential to alter the state's school finance system in Montana.
- Revenues for Public Elementary and Secondary Schools, by State, 1997-1998: Alabama-Missouri. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p249
No abstract available.
- Revenues for Public Elementary and Secondary Schools, by State, 1997-1998: Montana-Wyoming. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p249
No abstract available.
- Making the hard choices fair choices. Hartzog, J. // Academe;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p31
Opinion. States the need for the academe to articulate the values and principles for making the hard budget choices that affect the educational community. Adherence to democratic principles of procedural justice; Practices which reflect an imperfect procedural justice; Suggestions.
- Popular prepaid tuition programs. Long, Cynthia D. // Academe;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the popularity of prepaid tuition programs in the United States. Factors contributing to the popularity of the programs.
- Let the educators howl, it's time for Ralph to take our schools out of the Jurassic Age. Stolee, Leif // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p12
Examines the objections of the educational establishment in Alberta to paring its share of the provincial bill (advanced education 9%, education 14%). Proposal the province spend its way out of debt; If education does not carry its share of the burden, who should; Increasing school levies...