Haights Cross Revenue Flat, Bankruptcy Looms
- Test Prep Drives Haights Cross Revenue Up 5% in First Nine Months; Growth Outlook: 5% for 2006. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the increase in the revenue of K-12 test preparation, intervention and supplemental materials of the publishing firm Haights Cross Communications Inc. in White Plains, New York in 2006. The firm expects the demand for test preparation materials to continue to be high as...
- Haights Cross Gets OK to Restructure Debt. // Educational Marketer;9/28/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the debt-restructuring plan of K-12 supplemental and library publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. in the U.S. It states that the plan would reduce the debt of the publisher from 380 million dollars to 180 million dollars. According to Paul Crecca, chief executive...
- Haights Cross Puts All Its Assets Up for Sale. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the sale of Haights Cross Communications Inc.'s remaining businesses in White Plains, New York. The company's assets which are up for sale include test prep intervention publisher Triumph Learning, library and consumer audiobook publisher Recorded Books and medical...
- Haights Cross to File Prepack Bankruptcy. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the plan of Haights Cross to file for Chapter 11 protection after bondholders supported its prepackaged reorganization. The educational publisher says that the reorganization plan will reduce its debt by 200 million dollars and extend the maturity by three years from its...
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/9/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p8
Assesses the growth of revenue by K-12 and professional publisher Haights Cross for the year 2002 in the U.S. Development of library businesses; Production of test-preparatory series by the publisher; Comparison of the sales between Newbridge Educational Publishing and Triumph Learning.
- Haights Cross Leverages Test Prep Publisher EDI Into Skillspower.com. // Electronic Education Report;08/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p6
Reports that educational and professional publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. has launched a business, called Skillspower.com to provide test preparation materials through the Internet, CD-ROM and in-service training.
- Haights Cross Forms Educational Division Following Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;01/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
Reports that Haights Cross Communications has formed two divisions following an announcement that it had brought several firms on December 13, 1999.
- Partnerships and Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p7
Presents an update on partnerships and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the United States as of November 5, 2001, which include the licensing agreement between Haights Cross Communications and Simon & Schuster.
- Test Prep Helps Power Haights Cross In 2001. // Educational Marketer;4/10/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the growth of the 2001 revenues of K-12 supplemental and professional publisher Haights Cross.