Enrollment, Revenue Growth Continues Apace at Career Colleges
- Honorable Mention: Corinthian's Massimino. Lee, Jessica C. // Orange County Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p9
The article focuses on the pursuit of Jack Massimino, chief executive officer (CEO) of Corinthian Colleges Inc., that leads him to be one of the honorable mentions for the businessperson of the year award from the journal. As CEO, Massimino worked to retain students and avoid the reduction of...
- Corinthian Boss: Long Slog Leads to Stability. Jane Yu // Orange County Business Journal;9/17/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p1
The article focuses on college operator Corinthian Colleges Inc. which has achieved stability after several years. As stated by its chief executive officer (CEO) Jack Massimino, the balance sheets and cash flow have improved. It posted its annual net revenue of 1.61 billion dollars in June 2012...
- Universal Tech Expects Enrollment Growth to Slow. // Educational Marketer;12/ 6/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p3
The article discusses the anticipated slow enrollment growth of students at the Universal Technical Institute in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Employees First Pays Off. Wade, Jim // HR Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p40
The author discusses the benefits of investing in employee relations and training based on the experience of Corinthian Colleges Inc. (CCi) in the U.S. and Canada. He cites that chief executive officer (CEO) Jack Massimino understood the value of human resource (HR) professionals as strategic...
- MarketCapsule: Who goes to school today. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p5
Presents statistical information on school enrollment in the United States. Effects on foodservice and dining operations.
- COLLEGE ENROLLMENT. ADAMS, CARALEE // Education Week;8/10/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses the report "National Postsecondary Enrollment Trends: Before, During and After the Great Recession," by the U.S. National Student Clearinghouse Research Center, which examines first-time students enrolling in colleges for the fall semester between 2006-2010.
- Slog for Career Colleges Continues in Q1. // Educational Marketer;6/4/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the economic crisis of career colleges in the U.S. It states that despite the economic uncertainties, decline in unemployment and refusal of students to take debt and loss in the first quarter of 2012, career college operator Corinthian Colleges projects rise in enrollment...
- Corinthian Triples Quarterly Profit, Beats Analysts' Sales Expectations. Lee, Jessica C. // Orange County Business Journal;2/4/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Corinthian Colleges Inc. for the quarter ended December 31, 2007 in Santa Ana, California. During the period, the college's profit went up to $9.1 million from $2.6 million in the same period a year ago. In addition, revenues increased 16% to...
- Advocacy Brings End to Forced Arbitration for College Students. Koechlin, Leah // Public Citizen News;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses the efforts of the nonprofit Public Citizen and its partners in the wake of students at 56 campuses owned by Corinthian Colleges who lost their right to take the for-profit institution to court. According to Christine Hines, consumer and civil justice counsel for Public...