Enrollment Drives Strong Results at Apollo Group
- Apollo Group Sees Improvement. // Educational Marketer;1/16/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of Apollo Group Inc. with the increase in the enrollment at its University of Phoenix by 12.7 percent to 63,700 students in the company's fiscal first quarter ending November 30, 2011 in Phoenix, Arizona. According to Apollo...
- Diebold Says 3Q Profit Fell 45%--But It Has a Plan. Breitkopk, David // American Banker;10/27/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 207, p9
The article focuses on the third-quarter financial performance of Diebold Inc. Net income at the automated-teller-machine maker dropped 45% from the previous year. Revenue rose 2.7%, but did not meet the Ohio company's prediction of $690 million. Thomas W. Swidarski, Diebold's president and...
- Who's minding the store? Jacobs, Tom // Nature Biotechnology;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
Presents author's views on the importance of various corporate executives in the functioning of an organization. Two most important functions in a publicly held corporation; Importance of the knowledge about a company's top executives for an investor; Biotechnology company with the same person...
- Position for the top. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Feb2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p15
The article discusses the role of chief operating officer (COO) in corporations and whether the position may lead to becoming chief executive officer (CEO).
- Peer-to-peer exchanges enhance decision-making process. Deamud, Jennifer // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/5/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p14
The author discusses the PeerSpectives Roundtable program developed by the Edward Lowe Foundation which provides an opportunity for business owners, chief executive officers, and chief operating officers to share their experiences and insights to improve their own decision-making.
- Tower Names Interim CEO, Plans Sale. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;8/6/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p3
This article reports on the appointment of investment consultant Joseph D'Amico as interim CEO of music and video retailer Tower Records and Video. He will succeed Allen Rodriguez whose contract already ended. The chain is owned by a consortium of banks and investment groups, with founder Russ...
- Relational ties that bind: Leaderï¿½follower relationship dimensions and charismatic attribution. Campbell, Stacy M.; Ward, Andrew J.; Sonnenfeld, Jeffrey A.; Agle, Bradley R. // Leadership Quarterly;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p556
Abstract: Recent research on charismatic leadership has focused on the relationship between the leader and follower. Thus far though, researchers have simply assumed the existence of the relationship or distinguished between strong and weak relationships between the leader and the followers....
- Hire When Ready. Dalton, Francie // Association Management;Jul2003, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p62
Offers advice to chief executive officers, chief operating officers (COO) and COO candidates regarding the most significant workplace relationship. Assessment of willingness to allow autonomy; Evaluation of candidate as well as the credentials; Importance of conducting direct communication with...
- by the numbers. Tkaczyk, Christopher // Fortune International (Europe);3/22/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p22
Presents statistics about how shareholders vote against their chief executive officers according to an analysis by Institutional Shareholder Services. Consideration of how shareholders criticized their CEO's at companies such as Delphi, Wisconsin Energy, CSX, and Boise Cascade.