Publishers Restructure to Drive Performance
- Cengage Learning Revenue Grows 6.2% in Fiscal 2012. // Educational Marketer;9/10/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the increase in the revenue of Cengage Learning Inc. by 6.2 percent in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 in the U.S. It is inferred that the revenue growth was fueled by the increase in the National Geographic Learning sales and the expansion of digital solutions. The plan...
- McGraw-Hill Education Revenue Climbs 11.5% In 2005 On Strength Of Dynamic K-12 Sales. // Educational Marketer;2/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the increase in the revenue of McGraw-Hill Education, the third largest textbook publisher in the U.S. Its revenue raised to 2.67 billion dollars in 2005. The reason behind the success was the strong sales in its K-12 business. The higher education sales growth contributed...
- EM's Top Higher Education Stories of 2007. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p5
The article offers information on the top higher education stories of 2007 reviewed by "Educational Marketer." It mentions the acquisition of college business of Houghton Mifflin Co. by Cengage Learning Inc. and its emergence from the 7.75 million dollars sale of Thomson Learning's academic and...
- McGraw-Hill Education Revenue Declines 5.3% in First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;5/11/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p3
No abstract available.
- McGraw-Hill To Form New Digital Unit Within Its School Education Group To Focus On Delivery. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p1
Reports that educational publisher McGraw-Hill Education is creating a unit within its School Education Group that will focus on delivering digitized content.
- McGraw-Hill Ed. Ends Year With 7.2% Growth. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the growth in revenue at McGraw-Hill Education in 2007. It states that the strong sales in textbook adoption in PreK-12 market as well as the late ordering in the fourth quarter boosted the revenue growth by six percent to 197.9 million dollars. It forecasts a...
- Financial News ï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;1/28/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that New York state-based McGraw-Hill Education has generated 550.9 million dollars in revenue in 2007, which is 4.3% higher from 2006.
- Cengage Higher Education Revenue Grows 4.9% in First Half of Fiscal 2008. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the increase of the revenue in Cengage Learning Inc.'s Academic & Professional segment in Stamford,Connecticut. It states that the college publishers generated 304.6 million in the second quarter of the company's fiscal 2008 which is 1.2% higher than the previous year. It...
- Publisher's Response. Edwards, Martine // NECTFL Review;Jan2014, Issue 73, p84
The article presents the response of Cengage Learning to a review of the book it published called "Alliages culturels."