IN THE LOOP…
- Lightning Source Trims Staff. // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p12
Reports on the decision of Lightning Source to eliminate a percentage of its positions, as of December 2001. Number of people affected by the move; Reason for the move; Information on an agreement signed by the company with Amazon.com regarding the latter's electronic bookstores.
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p7
Presents developments related to electronic publishing in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Web site launched by National Book Network; Agreement forged by Amazon.com and Lightning Source Inc.; Number of nominations received by Simon and Schuster from the International eBook Award...
- Lightning Source To Do E-books in Adobe PDF. Hilts, Paul; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/5/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the move of Lightning Source, Ingram Industries' e-book distributor arm, to distribute titles to retailers using Adobe Systems' PDF Merchant software beginning June 2000. Reason behind the move; Benefits from the move; Agreement of Lightning with Amazon.com.
- Lightning Source Inks Deal with Amazon U.K. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;3/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the book retail partnership of Lightning Source and Amazon.co.uk. Examples of the publishing partners of Lightning; Reasons behind the alliance; Implication of the deal on the operations of Lightning.
- Print On Demand and the Changing Face of Book Publishing. Alexander, George // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;5/29/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p9
The article discusses the impact of the growth of the Web and the maturation of print-on-demand technology to the book publishing industry in the U.S. The author stated the two companies Amazon.com and Lightning Source are primarily responsible for setting in motion the tectonic shift in book...
- On-line bookworms. // Telephony;10/20/97, Vol. 233 Issue 16, p60
Reports on Amazon.com's reaching of one million Internet customers.
- Why the Web should read between the lines. Vernadakis, George // Inter@ctive Week;01/19/98, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p64
Presents information on Amazon.com Incorporated, an online bookseller. Reference to the book `Cold Mountain'; Detailed information on Amazon's services.
- Amazon seeks to double size of fulfillment centre. // DIY Week;6/13/2014, Issue 5756, p5
The article reports on the expansion of the fulfilment centre of retailer Amazon.Com Inc. in Staffordshire, England.
- Web journal vs. Amazon.com: Bookseller wins. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;1/13/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 2, p11
Reports the response to an article in the online journal, Slate, about the Web bookseller Amazon.Com. Why authors Jonathan Chait and Stephen Glass were accused of doing a hatchet job on the popular bookseller; The international support for Amazon.com; Comments from Amazon's Jennifer Cast.