- Hachette will focus on U.K. market. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;9/14/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 37, p18
Reports that the French buyers of Great Britain's Orion group do not plan on moving into American publishing. Details of the deal involving Havas.
- Home away from home. Diamond, Kerry // Travel Agent;08/25/97, Vol. 287 Issue 7, p34
Features Paris, France-based hotel company Orion. Company background; Locations of the company's hotel properties in Europe; Focus on convenience and value; Contact information.
- London diary. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p20
Reports on developments related to book trade in Great Britain as of May 24, 1999. Includes Orion's plan to open an office in New York; Literary festival held in London, England.
- Sales, profits rise at Orion in U.K. J.R. // Publishers Weekly;6/3/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the increase in sales and the operating profits of the Orion Publishing Group for 1995.
- Diary. Cheetham, Anthony // New Statesman;08/28/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4400, p7
Opinion. Focuses on excerpts from the diary of the chief executive officer of Orion, an independent British publishing house. Events that took place during the last week of August, 1998, the same week the company became independent; Why author Maeve Binchy must be credited with the company's...
- Orion Acquires Cassell in U.K. J.R.; H.R.L. // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 45, p11
Reports that the Orion Publishing Group company increased its market share in the United Kingdom by acquiring the Casell company. Value of the deal; Cassell chairman Philip Sturrock's view of the deal.
- McArthur in new venture. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jul98, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p6
Reports the launch of McArthur & Co., a publisher of local and international authors in Canada. Representation of the company for Orion Publishing Group in Great Britain; Business strategy of executive officer Kim McArthur; Plans of McArthur to publish a number of books in the first quarter.
- U.K.'s Orion in flying start. V.M. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 21, p29
Announces first year total sales of $13.2 million for Britain's newest publishing group, Orion, set up by Anthony Cheetham in December 1991. Healthy sales of Orion's `A Suitable Boy,' by Vikram Seth; More.
- Hachette buys majority stake in U.K.'s Orion Group. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p15
Announces that Hachette has agreed to purchase a majority stake in London's Orion Publishing Group. Plans for a significant expansion of Orion increasing its presence in the United States and other English-language markets; Comments from Anthony Cheetham, chief executive officer of Orion;...