Optical Inspection System
- Handling Distortion and Perspective Errors in Imaging Systems. Wagner, Julianne // Quality;Dec2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on the role of distortion and perspective errors in determining the quality of optical systems. Consideration of distortion error as difficult to correct in short-focal lenses; Measurement applications of telecentric lenses; Increase of front lens size.
- QUALITY Survey of the Month. // Quality;Jun2001, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p15
Provides the results of a survey about the use of optical inspection equipment. Equipment used other than optical inspection equipment; Advantages of the optical inspection equipment.
- The Economics of AOI and AXI for EMS Providers. Charette, Colin // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the standard test methods employed in electronics manufacturing services industry. Significant benefits of using automated optical inspection method in different stages of printed circuit board assembly process; Economical benefits in using automated x-ray inspection method.
- AOI: Do You Need Color? Stabile, Marc; Wyllie, Glenn // Circuits Assembly;Aug2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the automated optical inspection (AOI) system in inspecting components on substrates. Use of charge-coupled device (CCD) cameras in AOI system; Advantages of AOI systems in veiwing components and boards; Dependency of the accuracy of the image on the mechanical alignment of three CCD...
- Choosing an Automated Inspection Strategy. Molamphy, Tom // Circuits Assembly;Aug2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p33
Focuses on the use of automated inspection strategy of the printed circuit board (PCB) assembly process. Adoption of automated optical inspection (AOI) and automated x-ray inspection (AXI) for the automated inspection of PCB assemblies; Factors on the development of effective automated...
- Teradyne Takes AOI to the Next Step. Chappell, Jeff // Electronic News;4/7/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 14, pN.PAG
Reports on the launch of Optima 7210, an automated optical inspection (AOI) tool from Teradyne Inc., at the 2003 APEX electronics manufacturing show in Anaheim, California. Features of the product; Benefits of using the product; Reason behind an increase in the demand for AOI technology.
- Tools manage PCB design and test. Nelson, Rick // Test & Measurement World;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p41
Focuses on techniques to shorten time to market and reduce test costs for x-ray and optical inspection. Advantages of the technique; Functionality of the Agilent Access Consultant software on x-ray inspection; Components of the D2B software.
- 3-D increasing in AOI systems. // Test & Measurement World;Apr2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p40
The article focuses on the study regarding the increasing usage of automated optical inspection (AOI) systems by various electronic industries in the U.S.
- Bench Top AOI System. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jan2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p49
The article evaluates the Vi-1K entry-level automatic optical inspection system manufactured by ViTechnology company and offers information on the performance and software for post reflow applications.