Productronica Product Preview
- Untitled. Metzgar, Carl // Pit & Quarry;Jul93, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the discussions with 72 supervisors on the use of a come-a-long instruction manual. Proper care and use of a come-a-long; Lifting devices; Temporary lifts; Lack of inspection and proper care for a piece of lifting equipment.
- Safe, convenient lifting devices. Hoffman, Edward G. // Modern Machine Shop;May95, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p130
Discusses lifting devices. Paucity of handling problems in the use of lightweight workholders; Style variations of lifting devices; Factors to be considered when adding lifting devices to any tool design.
- Vertical transport. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar97, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p76
Features the high-speed, high-capacity vertical lift that can be integrated with Diamond's material handling systems or OEM applied systems. Availability of two drive configurations; Conveniences from the programmable logic controllers and variable frequency drive controls.
- Mobile lifter. // Materials Management in Health Care;May97, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p87
Features the Rover Lifter system from Toter. Functions and capabilities.
- The lowdown on ISU lifters. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May97, Issue 534, p14
Provides tips on how to keep care for integrated sight unit lifting device.
- A friend to hang with. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug97, Issue 537, p50
Offers tips for the maintenance of all-purpose lightweight individual carrying equipment. Replacement of worn out belt keepers, female fasteners and male fasteners; Steps in cleaning; Use of the needle and thread from the tentage repair kit to repair tears.
- Grab ring carries heavier loads. // Professional Engineering;05/14/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p30
Describes a modified grab ring which is capable of carrying much heavier loads. Functions of grab rings; Illustration of the design of the new grab ring.
- Forming a ship lift. // International Construction;Jun98, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p70
Reports on the near completion of the construction of the Strepy-Thieu ship lift in Belgium which forms a key element in the upgrading of the Canal du Center. Foundation of the ship lift; Contractors; Concentration on the construction of walls and central mole upstream and downstream of the lift.
- Back safety. // Professional Safety;Jun95, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p60
Presents the product Back Buddy, invented by a veterans UPS driver, a lifting tool which facilitates handling tasks that involve lifting objects from floor level.