White Residue: Good or Bad? Part II
- Parameterizing grid-averaged longwave fluxes for inhomegeneous marine boundary layer clouds. Barker, Howard W.; Wielicki, Bruce A. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;12/15/97, Vol. 54 Issue 24, p2785
Presents a study of the impacts of horizontal variability of optical depth and cloud sides on grid-averaged longwave flux transmittance for marine boundary layer (MBL) cloud fields. Information on fields of optical depths; Details on flux transmittance of longwave radiation; Results of the study.
- Select the right flux for submerged-arc welding. Harris, Richard // Welding Design & Fabrication;Jul99, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p38
Discusses strategies for choosing the proper flux combinations for the submerged-arc welding process. Need to determine the welding code that applies to flux combinations; Importance of considering the joint design and material thickness of flux combinations; Advise on determining mechanical...
- Don't sweat the new flux regs. Stone, Leland Edward // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar96, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the role of flux in problems with copper tubing in plumbing systems. Problems associated with copper tubing; Studies showing the role of flux in copper tubing problems; Features of the standard developed by Copper Development Association Inc. INSET: Just when you had.. (problems...
- letters. Wylam, Mark // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Dec2003, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p7
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the "Tech Topic" section on fluxes which appeared in the November 2003 issue of "Reeves Journal."
- Mixed carbonate-siliciclastic record on the North African margin (Malta)-coupling of weathering processes and mid Miocene climate. John, Cédric M.; Mutti, Maria; Adatte, Thierry // Geological Society of America Bulletin;Feb2003, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p217
Investigates rock outcrops, global climate cooling to determine continental weathering rates and terrigenous fluxes in Malta. Examination of coupling between regional climate and carbonate accumulations; Occurrence of abrupt changes in clay-dominated marls.
- HEALTH. // Metalsmith;Summer1985, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p56
The article presents an answer to a question of where to purchase Grifflux #1 flux.
- Fluxes. McCreight, Tim // Metalsmith;Winter1986, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p50
The article presents an answer to a question about the purpose of flux.
- Reduction in flux divergence at vias for improved electromigration in multilayered AlCu interconnects. Ting, Larry; Hong, Qi-Zhong; Hsu, Wei-Yung // Applied Physics Letters;9/30/1996, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p2134
Using of W-plug vias in AlCu interconnects is known to significantly degrade electromigration (EM) performance because W is a diffusion barrier and prevents the depleting species by EM from being replenished at the via. In the present study, we demonstrate that this problem of limited source for...
- Magnetic field and temperature dependence of flux creep in oriented grained and single-crystalline YBa2Cu3Ox. Keller, C.; Küpfer, H.; Gurevich, A.; Meier-Hirmer, R.; Wolf, T.; Flükiger, R.; Selvamanickam, V.; Salama, K. // Journal of Applied Physics;10/1/1990, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p3498
Examines thermally activated flux creep of oriented grained and single-crystalline YBa[sub2]Cu[sub3]O[subx]. Preparation of the samples; Results.