Adding Jumper Wires Through 'Gopher Holes'
- Innovative interconnect. // Design News;8/25/97, Vol. 53 Issue 16, p46
States that soldering a ball-grid array to a low-mass adapter allows the BGA to have less thermal stress than direct soldering to the motherboard. Information on the benefits of having a threaded heat sink.
- BGA design and production get a double boost. P.M. // Electronic Design;05/12/97, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p27
Reports on developments related to the ball-grid array (BGA) technology in the United States as of May 12, 1997. Assembly Test Services' opening of a design center that will help customers determine the packaging specifications for complex integrated circuits requiring BGA packages; Prolinx...
- Ten reasons why i love the BGA. Johnson, Howard // Electronic Design;03/17/97, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p191
Discusses the benefits of Ball Grid Array (BGA) packaging concept suitable for any integrated circuit. Includes its low profile and small size; Sturdiness; Good cooling properties.
- Vacuum process cuts BGA rework. Studt, Tim // R&D Magazine;May97, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p75
Examines the technique of using the vacuum process on ball grid array (BGA) technologies developed by researchers at the Scientific Sealing Technology. Elimination of the use of flux; Equipment costs; Process cycle times; Uses of BGA packaging; Positioning of the balls through precision...
- Kyocera CBGA package geared for ADI's MPU. // Electronic News;12/22/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2199, p32
Reports on the availability of a 452-lead ceramic ball grid array package for Analog Devices' AD14160 QuadSHARC digital signal processor. Specification of the metallurgical innovation.
- White Residue: Good or Bad? Munson, Terry // Circuits Assembly;Sep2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p68
Examines the implications of process residues on surface boards during micro ball grid analysis. Types of cleaning protocols used in the boards; Exposure of risks for leakage and electromigration problems using solder paste; Consequences of flux residues.
- Solutions in Solder Paste. Ferry, Jeff // Circuits Assembly;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on the improvement of ball grid array (BGA) rework system. Application of stenciling solder paste in to the BGA component; Method of preparing a BGA component; Use of metal stencil in the stencilling process.
- Reliability Relationships. Ferry, Jeff // Circuits Assembly;Feb2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p51
No abstract available.
- A Cure for BGA's Warped Sense of Humor. Ferry, Jeff // Circuits Assembly;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on the occurrence of distortion in ball grid array (BGA) components and circuit boards. Relation between the size of BGA and deflection; Effect of warpage on the circuit board surface; Solution to warpage.