Automated Photonic Assembly
- The Editor's Desk. Anderson, Stephen G. // Laser Focus World;Jun2001, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p5
Introduces a series of articles on the industrial applications of optoelectronics.
- Re-writing the rules. // Nature Photonics;Jan2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p19
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including quantum cascade laser and tapered laser diode that provides high beam-quality and high power.
- Laser World of Photonics Lures Leading Lights from Industry and Research. // Spectroscopy;Jul2011, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p10
Information about the events happened during the Laser World of Photonics conference which was held in Munich, Germany on May 23-26, 2011 is presented which includes "Green Photonics," "Lasers and Laser System for Production Engineering," and "Biophotonics and Life Science."
- Using ultrasonics to locate compressed air leaks. Bandes, Alan S.; Katzel, Jeanine // Plant Engineering;May2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p72
Discusses the use of ultrasonics to locate compressed air leaks. Percentage of compressed air wasted through leaks; Potential for leaks posed by threaded fitting; Quantification of losses and savings; Repair decisions.
- Mohave finds ultrasonic detectors handy, versatile. Stein, Henry // Electric Light & Power;Dec93, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p31
Focuses on California-based Mohave Generating Station's utilization of an ultrasound detector for all inspections of the plant's equipment. Detector as the most versatile of many maintenance technologies; Ultrasonics as a primary and backup technique in detecting; Service air system; Location...
- Measuring particle size of slurries with sound waves. Hackley, Vincent A. // Ceramic Industry;June97, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p52
Reports that ultrasonic techniques are being developed for analyzing particulates in ceramic slurries. Advantages of ultrasonic methods; Explanation of ultrasonic attenuation spectroscopy (UAS); Electro-acoustic techniques; On-line applications of the ultrasonics. INSET: Particle sound wave...
- Ultrasound Speeds Up Beer Brewing. // Futurist;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p7
Highlights the use of ultrasonic vibrations in speeding up the manufacturing process for the removal of carbon dioxide produced in beer during fermentation. Description of the ultrasonic oboe equipment used in beer brewing; Application of the ultrasonic technology in the crystallization process.
- Ultrasonic echo sounding by thermal optical sources of longitudal waves. In’kov, V.; Cherepetskaya, E.; Shkuratnik, V.; Karabutov, A.; Makarov, V. // Journal of Mining Science;May2004, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p231
Experimental device for ultrasonic laser echo sounding of geomaterials is described. The example of its application to estimate acoustic characteristics, inhomogeneities, and damaged state intrinsic to structure sample of various-age volcanics are considered.
- Ultrasonic Unit Handles Low-Power Welding. // Plastics Technology;Jun2005, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p38
Presents information on the 2000LP family of low-power ultrasonic systems from Branson Ultrasonics Corp. Power requirement; Key features; Available frequencies of the ultrasonic system; Applications.