Die Bonding in an Optoelectronic World
- A mixed bag within optoelectronics in 2005. Luis, Rosa // Lightwave;Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p51
The article provides insights into the financial performance of optoelectronics integrated circuit segment worldwide. Revenues rose 10 percent in 2005 over 2004 and unit sales rose 16 percent. It exhibited higher growth than the overall integrated circuit industry. The optoelectronic segment as...
- OSDs Surpass ICs. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on the increase in the optoelectronics, sensors and actuators, and discretes (OSD) industry by 10 % in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2006. According to the "O-S-D Report" of IC Insights Inc, this growth percentage shows that OSD market surpasses the integrated circuit (IC) market....
- OPTOELECTRONIC HYBRID DEVICE FIND NEW LIFE. Whitford III, Harry J. // Electronic Design;9/23/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p54
The article presents information on the revitalization of optoelectronic hybrid devices. It states that optoelectronic hybrid devices are coming back due to recent changes in the economy and engineering philosophy. It notes the advantages of hybrid devices, including size, cost, and production...
- Reference-design kits emerge for optical transceivers. Richards, Kathleen // Lightwave;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p1
Reports that integrated circuit vendors in the United States have began to offer reference-design kits for optical transceivers and transceiver modules. Analog Devices Inc.'s launch of a reference design for small-form factor-plugable (SFP) transceiver; Plans of Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. to...
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK. // Test & Measurement World;Nov2004, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the outlook for the system-on-chip (SOC) and image sensor markets. Average annual growth rate forecasted by Business Communications Co. for SOC market; Role of digital cameras, camera phones and scanners on the growth of the image sensor market.
- Coupling substrate and architecture with thin-layer transfer technology. Mazure, Carlos // Solid State Technology;Aug2005, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the trends and developments in substrate engineering driven by integrated circuits industry requirements. Details and features of the various examples of composite substrates from the fields of optoelectronics, radio frequency, and high-power management; Significance of the Smart Cut...
- Exar in $15M fab agreement with IC Works; eying a stake. Hardie, Crista // Electronic News;10/23/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2088, p100
Discusses the wafer production agreement announced by Exar Corp. and IC Works Inc. under which IC Works will provide wafers to Exar over a five-year period. The 12-month buying spree during which Exar consumed four other integrated circuit (IC) companies.
- Shanghai: The New Silicon Valley? Vardaman, E. Jan // Circuits Assembly;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the growth of the integrated circuit market (IC) in China. Plan of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. to develop a wafer fabrication facility in Shanghai; Formation of alliances between Shanghai foundries and IC assembly houses; Establishment of design centers.
- Power-Management ICs Make Pitch For Growth. Konish, Nancy; Gawel, Richard // Electronic Design;07/12/99, Vol. 47 Issue 14, p32A
Emphasizes the importance of management in the integrated circuits (IC) industry. Growth of the power-supply and power-management IC market; Factors affecting the market; Need for companies to increase efficiency and integration to keep up with competition.