EMS Providers Fight for Their Lives
- Same Old Same Old. Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;8/5/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the financial performance of several companies in the U.S. electronics industry as of August 2002. Companies which posted revenue increase from 2001; List of companies which posted decrease in revenue.
- Quarter warnings pour in. Haber, Carol // Electronic News;06/22/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2224, p6
Discusses the poor financial performance of various electronics companies in the United States for the second quarter of 1998 caused by the Asian economic crisis, inventory slowdowns and flawed transitions to higher end equipment. Includes Roy, Utah-based Iomega Corp.; Marlboro,...
- Of Interest. Sarvey, Rachel d'Oronzio // Electronic News;11/06/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 45, p50
Reports on the respective third quarter profits of three companies in the electronics industry in 2000. Factors behind the increase in earnings of Fairchild Semiconductor Corp.; Reason for the lower sales input of Veeco Instruments Inc.; Total revenue and pro forma net earnings of Avant!...
- Bright Spots From a Dim Year. Fleck, Ken // Electronic News;2/4/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p30
Comments on the financial performance of the connector industry in 2001. Decline in the revenue; Market in the connector industry that recorded growth in 2001.
- Electronics Boutique 2nd Quarter Sales Up 39%. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/3/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p65
Reports the sales performance of Electronics Boutique for the second quarter of 2001. Increase in total revenue; Sales for Comp-store; Anticipation of sales increase from the video category.
- January Reports Show Mixed Bag Of Sales Results. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
Reports the profitability of consumer electronics industry in the U.S. as of February 2002. Revenue increase at Ultimate Electronics; Decline of revenue at Sears; Increase of income at Wal-Mart store.
- High-End Suppliers Shaking Slump. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/30/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p32
Reports on the increasing sales of the household electronics industry in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Demand of the consumers for higher-powered amplifiers and top-quality speakers; Determination of consumer behavior.
- Majap Leaders Report Mixed 2nd Quarter . Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/24/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p57
Reports on the financial performance of major electronic appliance companies in the United States during the second quarter of 2000. Financial gains and losses posted by various industry players during the given time period; Factors attributing to the mixed second quarter of 2000 financial...
- Earnings Outlook Bright. Haber, Carol // Electronic News;01/10/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p2
Reports developments on electronic industry in the United States as of January 2000. Predominance of earnings and revenues; Volatility of stock market action due to interest rate concerns and profit-taking; Details on the assessment of computer market.