Lead-Free Issues Addressed
- Trades to remember: The lead phasedown. Whiteman, Lily // EPA Journal;May/Jun92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p38
Focuses on the leaded gasoline phasedown program of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Program's use of market incentives; EPA's adoption of trading and banking option to speed up the transition to unleaded gasoline.
- EPA/HUD lead abatement issues. // Professional Safety;Aug96, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) preparation of a regulation addressing the qualifications required to conduct lead evaluation/abatement activities. Recognition of EPA regulation by the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in a proposed rule on lead-based paint hazard...
- EPA may allow lead paint wastes in C&D landfills. Garvey, Charlotte S. // C&D Debris Recycling;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p7
Reports on US Environmental Protection Agency's consideration of a proposal that would allow lead-abatement contractors to dispose of lead-based paint debris in construction and demolition (C&D) landfills. Policy goal; Possibility of the agency's proposal for a rule offering waste disposal options.
- GETTING LEAD OUT WOULD AID HEALTH, ECONOMY. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul84, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p25
Reports on a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study on the health and economic benefits of lead reduction. Amount in medical expenses and automobile repair bills that the country would be able to save if it bans lead from gasoline by 1988; Examples of some of the health benefits of lead...
- EPA seeks comment on lead wheel weight ban. // Tire Business;7/20/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued the call for comments on a petition to ban outright the use of lead wheel-balancing weights. July 15, 2009 and July 30, 2009 are the deadline for interested parties to submit comments. The petition was received by...
- EPA prepares to propose newer standards for lead. Snyder, Jim // Hill;10/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 119, p12
The article reports on the proposal by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for standards on lead emissions.
- NAHB glad that extra testing rejected from EPA lead rule. // National Floor Trends;Sep2011, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p48
The article announces that the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) lauded the U.S. Environmental Protect Agency (EPA) for rejecting a proposal to add third-party clearance testing to the Lead: Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP).
- Lead Certified Renovator Refresher Course with Bonnie Maurras. // Atlanta Building News eNewsletter;7/ 1/2014, p1
The article offers information on the Lead Certified Renovator Refresher Course provided by Environmental Protection Agency-accredited training provider Bonnie Maurras in Atlanta, Georgia in 2014. It mentions that to complete the training, a student is required to make a minimum score of 95...
- EPA Nears Completion of Efforts At Schools in St. Francis County. // Hazardous Waste/Superfund Alert;6/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the nearing completion of the efforts of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 7 to remove lead-contaminated soils at three schools in St. Francois County, Missouri. According to Region 7 spokesman Christopher Whitley, EPA risk assessors are studying the...