- Think You Can Handle My Supply Chain? Schram, Art // Siliconindia;May2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p46
Discusses the decision of contract manufacturer company Solectron Corp. not to outsource core business processes. Complexity of technology; Similarities between outsourcing and marriage; Importance of relationship in outsourcing.
- Japan OEMs Turn to EMS to Cut Costs. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;10/29/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 44, p4
Reports on the outsourcing agreement between NEC Corp. and Solectron Corp. Move of Japanese original equipment manufacturers to outsource electronic manufacturing services; Significance of the deal; Terms of the agreement.
- Solectron and Lucent Enter Agreement. // Circuits Assembly;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p8
Reports the agreement of Solectron Corp. with Lucent Technologies in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Range of supply chain and related services provided by the company; Enhancement of the optical product supply chain of Lucent by Solectron.
- Sony Sells Plants. // Quality;Jan2001, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p17
Reports that Sony of Tokyo, Japan has turned to manufacturing outsourcing and has agreed to transfer its plants to Solectron of Milpitas, California. Information on the plants; Implication of the deal.
- Solectron and IBM Partner in Servers. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;08/23/99, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p2
Announces the expansion of the contract manufacturing partnership between Solectron Corp. and IBM Corp. Letter of intent signed by Solectron to produce printed circuit board assemblies for IBM Netfinity servers; Estimated value of the supply contract; Terms of the deal.
- Solectron Buying IBM Repair Unit. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;12/11/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 50, p50
Reports on the agreements signed by Solectron Corp. through its subsidiary Solectron Netherlands BV to acquire the European Repair Center of IBM Netherlands NV in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Responsibilities to be assumed by Solectron in the Amsterdam operation; Support services being offered by...
- Solectron and Tradec Supply-Chain Partnership is Up and Running in U.S. Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;06/04/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 23, p2
Deals with the successful implementation of Tradec Inc.'s qPro procurement software at Solectron Corp. supply chain management. How the Tradec software works on Solectron's quotation process; Improvement in Solectron's quoting efficiency; Other contract manufacturer clients of Tradec.
- NEC expands outsourcing agreement with Solectron. // RCR Wireless News;8/4/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p14
Reports on the move of cellular telephone handset maker NEC Corp. to expand its outsourcing agreement with electronics manufacturing company Solectron Corp. Terms of the contract; Number of units that will be produced by Solectron per month; Benefits of the deal to NEC.
- Curtis-Wright consolidates further by acquiring Dy 4 Systems. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jan2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the agreement between Curtis-Wright Corp. and Solectron Corp. in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Value of the contract; Significance of the strategic maneuver of the company to the aerospace industry.