Managerial decision-making in international business: A forty-five-year retrospective
- The barriers to effective global talent management: The example of corporate ï¿½lites in MNEs. Mellahi, Kamel; Collings, David G. // Journal of World Business;Apr2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p143
Abstract: This paper focuses on talent management failure by multinational enterprises (MNEs). It examines barriers to corporate advancement of talents located in subsidiaries and more specifically on promotion of talent already employed by the MNE to be part of the upper echelon management team...
- Proceso de internacionalizaciÃ³n de compaÃ±Ãa multinacional de un paÃs en desarrollo: las decisiones de inversiÃ³n extranjera directa del Grupo Bimbo. Vélez Ocampo, Juan Fernando // Pensamiento & GestiÃ³n;ene-jun2013, Issue 34, p54
There is a lack of extended knowledge on internationalization theories applied to developing countries firms (DCF) within the international business field. This paper explains the drivers of the international investment behavior of world leader baking company Bimbo and the relevance that the...
- Locating investment. Gerin, Roseanne // Warsaw Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1
Reports the expansion plans of multinational companies in Poland. Consolidation on the building construction units of Skanska AB; Reduction on the foreign direct investment in the country; Investment in supermarkets and hypermarkets by Royal Ahold NV.
- Firm Heterogeneity and Location Decision of Chinese Outward FDI. Huihuang Liu; Huimin Xiao // International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology;Feb2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p822
This paper examines how Chinese multinational firms with heterogeneous characteristics self-select into different host countries. Firm-level estimates suggest that TFP is not a key factor in investment behavior, while firms with different investment motives have different range of investment. We...
- Introduction to Special Issue I on GDN 2000 Keynote Papers. Shakun, Melvin // Group Decision & Negotiation;Mar2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p95
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Melvin F. Shakun on bounded and unbounded rationality, Colin Eden and Fran Ackermann on top management teams (TMT) and group decision support systems (GDSS), and one by Bertrand Munier decentralized decision systems.
- Uncertainty, Expectations, and Foundations of the Theory of Planning. Spencer, Milton H. // Journal of the Academy of Management;Dec62, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p197
Presents information on a study which outlined some fundamental theoretical concepts which form an important part of the basis of any general theory of planning. Distinction between risk and uncertainty in modern decision theory; Foundations of planning theory; Conclusions.
- The Impact of Prior Decisions on Subsequent Valuations in a Costly Contemplation Model. Ofek, Elie; Yildiz, Muhamet; Haruvy, Ernan // Management Science;Aug2007, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p1217
This paper develops and tests a model of how recall of information from past decisions affects subsequent related decisions. A boundedly rational individual has to determine her willingness to pay for a good that she previously considered purchasing at a given price, or provide valuations for a...
- A DECISÃƒO DE INTERNACIONALIZAR. Hanania Vianna, Nadia W.; de Almeida, Sheila Regina // Internext: Revista ElectrÃ´nica de NegÃ³cios Internacionais da E;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Brazilian companies belonging to different lines of business activity have been seeking the foreign market intensely from different ways of admission, from the simplest tone (indirect export) to the most complex one (development of productive unit). Therefore, this paper intends to answer the...
- How are you doing? Rowlands, Chris // Works Management;May2005, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p3
Discusses the importance of taking a measured view and good local knowledge before making decisions on a global scale, with emphasis to the manufacturing industry decision-makers in Great Britain. Options that can help managers in their decision-making activities such as consultancies; Features...