Textbooks Face Challenges in Texas, Florida Legislatures
- Taking Legacy Print into the Future: The Orbis Cascade Alliance Distributed Print Repository. Watson, Mark R. // OLA Quarterly;Spring2010, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p15
The article discusses the trend of printed materials and the digitization of books and journal contents. With the problem in terms of storage of printed materials in libraries, they have found a way to manage the printed materials contained in their possessions without affecting its legacy and...
- AAP Reports Open Territories Sales Climb, Adoption States Sales Are Off. // Educational Marketer;04/16/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the increased sales of K-12 instructional materials in February 2001 according to publishers in the United States.
- Lower Sales, Higher Returns Add Up To Drop In College Net Sales. // Educational Marketer;04/16/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the decline in net sales of college instructional materials in February 2001 according to publishers in the United States.
- U.S. K-12 Revenues Rise Monthly Through First Three Months Of 2001. // Educational Marketer;06/11/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the revenue increases of publishers of K-12 instructional materials for schools in the United States in the first three months of 2001.
- & OTHER Things! // Book Report;May/Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p42
Reports developments related to publishing and publisher in the U.S. as of May 2002. Availability of the 'Gateway to Educational Materials'; Release of Version 4.0 of 'The Geometer's Sketchpad' by Key Curriculum Press; Publication of 'INSIGHT' by the Institute for the Advancement of Engineering...
- Flat World Secures $15 Million in New Investment. // Educational Marketer;1/31/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the 15-million dollar Series B funding acquired by Flat World Knowledge (FWK) of Irvington, New York to back its free and open textbook model in the U.S. The funding, which was generated from various sources such as Valhalla Partners and GSA Venture Partners, is said to...
- K-12 Instructional Materials Sales Increase Despite Adoption States. // Educational Marketer;12/17/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the increase in sales of K-12 instructional materials despite adoption states. Results of the monthly sales statistics from the American Association of Publishers.
- Canvastic! // Children's Technology Review;2005 Trends, Vol. 13 Issue 2/3, p27
The article evaluates Canvastic!, a graphics and publishing tool designed for K-8 grade students and teachers.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online: The Words and Images of History. Shapiro, Fred R. // Verbatim: The Language Quarterly;Spring2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p19
Narrates the Gale's Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO) in the U.S. Coverage of the digitization project; Illustration of full-text searching made to trace origin of words and phrases; Viability of the project over the Oxford English Dictionary.