Nebraska Book Expands Textbook Rental Offerings
- Nebraska Book Co. Sees Benefits to Textbook Rental Programs. // Educational Marketer;7/ 5/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p3
The article discusses the plan of used-textbook wholesaler and college bookstore operator Nebraska Book Co. (NBC) to expand its textbook rental business in the U.S. It notes that NBC provided textbook rental programs in nearly 100 off-campus stores and gained 6 million dollars in revenue. NBC...
- Why Are Forecast Updates Often Disappointing? Cattani, Kyle; Hausman, Warren // Manufacturing & Service Operations Management;Spring2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p119
Demand forecasts do not become consistently more accurate as they are updated. We present examples demonstrating this counterintuitive phenomenon and some theoretical results to explain its occurrence. Specifically, we analyze the effect of demand randomness on forecast-update performance. A...
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN BUSINESS FORECASTING. Lapide, Larry // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Spring2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p12
Investigates the importance of long-term forecasting on business. Types of corporate forecasting; Determination on the patterns of demand; Usefulness of causal, life cycle and judgmental in strategic forecasting.
- Five Questions For Better Forecasting. Levinstein, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;2/18/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 7, pB-58
The article offers information on the five questions for determining the appropriate business forecasting methods including how steady the demand, how the orders are filled, and how many types of services or products are being sold?
- CHALLENGES FACING A DEMAND PLANNER: HOW TO IDENTIFY AND HANDLE THEM. Barr, Daphney P. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Summer2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the identification and management of challenges to demand forecasting. Definition of role of demand planner; Feedback and additional ideas from different stakeholders.
- Oppegard Retires at Nebraska Book; Major Named New CEO. // Educational Marketer;5/21/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p4
The article announces that Mark Oppegard, chief executive officer (CEO) of Nebraska Book Co. is retiring from his position and Barry Major, currently president and chief operating officer, will replace him.
- Utilizing Forecast Band Refinement for Capacitated Production Planning. // Manufacturing & Service Operations Management;Winter2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p68
We present a model for forecast evolution that captures two notions related to forecasts: (1) forecasts are not exact; (2) forecasts over longer horizons are less certain than those over shorter horizons. We model the forecast of discrete demand as a band defined by the lower and upper bounds on...
- OIL MARKET OUTLOOK. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Feb2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses the global market projections for the oil industry with focus on the oil demand growth based on the economic activity in developed markets and below-consensus growth in China.
- CARRIER RATE HOPES ARE EASTBOUND. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/30/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p17
The article reports that positive prospects for the trans-pacific container operations hinge on the eastbound demand which is forecast to grow from zero to five percent in 2012. This however must be managed well against the increase in container fleet capacity of 8.3% so that rates will not...