PreK-12 Industry Carves Out 3.2% Growth in 2010
- DATABASE & DIRECTORY PUBLISHING INDUSTRY (NAICS 51114). // United States Database & Directory Publishing Industry Report;2016, p1
An industry report of the database and directory publishing industry in the U.S. during 2015-2016 is presented from publisher Barnes Reports, with topics including estimated sales, number of employees, and estimated number of establishments.
- PERIODICAL PUBLISHING INDUSTRY (NAICS 51112). // United States Periodical Publishing Industry Report;2016, p1
An industry report of the periodical publishing industry in the U.S. during 2015-2017 is presented from publisher Barnes Reports, with topics including estimated sales, estimated number of employees, and estimated number of establishments.
- Publishers Find Appeal in Advanced Placement Courses. // Educational Marketer;4/12/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the increasing popularity of Advanced placement (AP) courses which prompt educational publishers to increase the production of AP segment in the U.S. According to the Association of American Publishers, the total sales figures of materials sold for AP courses amounted to 2...
- Trade Books in Schools Tracking Toward Digital. // Educational Marketer;11/ 8/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the movement of trade books on digital in the U.S. It mentions several educational publishers which are moving digital trade books for children into schools for libraries and classrooms. According to Simba Information Inc. in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2010-2011,...
- New Home Sales Fall 11.3% to 355,000 Rate. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;12/28/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33239, p18
The article reports that sales on new homes in November 2009 is 11.3 % short from economists estimate in New York City.
- HM Harcourt Leads EM PreK-12 Publisher Index. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of the PreK-12 educational materials industry in the U.S. from 2006-2008. It mentions that Boston, Massachusetts-based publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. generated 2.27 billion dollars in revenue since its establishment in 2007,...
- If a Merger Was the Answer, What Was the Question? // Book Publishing Report;Nov2012, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p9
The article discusses the significance of mergers in the publishing industry in the U.S. It says that Penguin Random House, the merger of Penguin Group and Random House, has more potential for development if it negotiate with Amazon, which has three times more influence than its combination. It...
- K-12 Sales Slip In August, While College Sales Jump For The Month. // Educational Marketer;10/11/99, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p5
Reports the decline in sales of instructional materials to the K-12 market and increase in sales for college textbooks in August 1999.
- K-12 Sales Soar In April; College Market Continues Seasonal Decline. // Educational Marketer;06/12/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p3
Presents data from the Association of American Publishers, which showed an increase in net sales of K-12 instructional materials and a sales decline of college textbooks in the United States in April 1999.