Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½
- Flurry of merger & acquisition activity continues in 1999. // Electronic Education Report;01/19/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the effects of mergers and acquisitions in the electronic education industry on software developers. Acquisition of software and videocassette developer Sunburst Communications by Houghton Mifflin in 1999; Merger between Josten Learnings and Ripplewood Holdings as one of the largest...
- Acquisitions & Partnershipsï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;1/10/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
The article offers news briefs related to acquisitions & partnerships of educational providers in the U.S. which include the 65% stake in InfoStance by it's learning and the addition of the University of Missouri-Kansas City to PBS TeacherLine.
- Cinar Corp. buys underachieving Edusoft for $40.2M in cash. // Electronic Education Report;01/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p4
Reports on Montreal, Canada-based elementary materials publisher Cinar Corp.'s acquisition of Rosh Ha'Ayin, Israel-based K-12 software developer Edusoft. Co-development deal between Cinar and Simon & Schuster Interactive to create software products for the consumer market; Degem Systems'...
- ALS' third acquisition of 1999 strengthens focus on the Internet. // Electronic Education Report;01/19/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
Reports on Advantage Learning Systems' (ALS) acquisition of computerActive Inc., a software development firm specializing in Web-based applications. Increasing use of the Internet by schools; Focus on acquiring technology by ALS; Expected earnings related to the transaction for acquired...
- American Education Corp. gains new client contacts through Dolphin buy. // Electronic Education Report;01/19/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the acquisition of education software designer Dolphin Inc. by American Education Corp. (AEC). Cost of the acquisition; Benefits of the acquisition to AEC; Annual revenues of Dolphin for 1998 and 1999.
- SkillsBank Corporation acquired by The Learning Company. // Technology Connection;Jan98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on The Learning Co.'s acquisition of educational software producer SkillsBank Corp. in the United States.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Electronic Education Report;11/7/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p6
Reports the partnership and acquisitions of educational technology industries in the United States. Reason for the merger between Plato Learning and Educational Testing Service; Features for the purchasing of Rebus Inc. by Pearson Education; Advantages of the merger between Apex Learning and...
- MasteryConnect Makes $5M E-Learning Deal. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/23/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p26
The article reports that education technology company MasteryConnect will acquire Socrative, developer of mobile and desktop applications for educational exercises for 5 million U.S. dollars.
- Post-16 e-learning companies strike deal. // e.learning age;Nov2014, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Guroo by ForSkills in a bid to consolidate its lead position in the post-16 student-centric e-learning market and mentions ForSkills' SkillBuilder diagnostic software.