McGraw-Hill Science Titles Approved in Florida
- More Violence in Schools? // Scholastic Administrator;May/June2010, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p10
The article presents statistics from the Florida Department of Education on the massive violent crimes attacking Broward County Public Schools which shot up 27 percent between 2008 and 2009.
- Akshay Desai Reappointed to Fla. Board of Education. // India -- West;5/13/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p18A
The article announces the reappointment of Akshay Desai to the Florida State Board of Education.
- Why Do You Work? // Working Mother;Nov2002, p15
Focuses on Amy Petrie, an education policy director, Florida Department of Education. Advantages of a working mom; Experience of pregnancy in the workplace; Responsibility of making academic policy for the 28 community colleges in the state.
- Jostens and Florida to develop ESOL materials. // T H E Journal;Aug94, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
Reports that the Florida Department of Education and Jostens Learning are working together on the construction of inservice training materials for the state's English for Speakers of Other Languages instructors. Benefits of the Teaching Excellence and Cultural Harmony program; Components of the...
- Florida education state agencies and Encyclopaedia... // Curriculum Administrator;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p78
Reports on Florida Information Resource Network and The Florida Department of Education's signing of a precedence-setting agreement with Encyclopaedia Britannica. Purpose of the agreement.
- Taking Tech Home. MONTANDON, EMILY // Government Technology;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p20
The article offers information on the Make It-Take It program which started in 2001 with a grant from the Florida Department of Education. It notes that this program has been implemented across Florida since its inception. As of November 2008, it has graduated more than 1,100 students. It states...
- FL Adopts, Narrows ELA Choices to 13 Programs. // Educational Marketer;7/11/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that the Florida Department of Education has approved the list of digital instructional materials focused on reading and language arts depicting 13 programs from five publishers.
- School's out at 3, but Florida's media centers stay open. Glick, Andrea; Olson, Renee // School Library Journal;May98, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p16
Announces the state of Florida Legislature's appropriations of financial assistance in 1997 to support school libraries to stay open beyond the regular school day. Comments from Barbara Stites Goodwin, Media Specialist at Skyline Elementary School in Cape Coral, Florida; Funding given by the...
- Florida Considers Cuts to Current Spending, Including Education. // Educational Marketer;9/17/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p4
The article reports that the legislators in Florida have called a special session of the Legislature on October 3, 2007 to make budget cuts in light of a $1.5 billion tax receipt shortfall. The contingency plan for cuts at the state Department of Education lists textbook funding as one of the...