Instructure Opens Code for Its Canvas LMS
- Coates wins national accolade. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/24/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p3
The article announces that Instructure chief executive officer (CEO) Josh Coates received the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 National Technology Award which was presented at the EY Strategic Growth Forum in Palm Springs, Florida.
- Editorial--Exploring the idea of a participatory social, academic and political Web 2.0. Jacobsen, Michele // Canadian Journal of Learning & Technology;Winter2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about the relationship between systematic instructional design and the practices and needs of classroom teachers and another on the role of technology in child development.
- LA INTEGRACIï¿½N DE LOS SABERES: UNA PROPUESTA CURRICULAR PARA LA FORMACIï¿½N EN INVESTIGACIï¿½N EN LA EDUCACIï¿½N SUPERIOR. Ram�rez, Nohelia Hewitt; Rivera, Floralba Barrero // Psychologia;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p137
This article makes a reflection about the training in research in higher education. It discusses the research and the achievement of a knowledge society as the major challenges of higher education. It is stated that a curriculum strategy by thematic and problematic clusters that emphasizes the...
- Launching a Culture-Based Learning Product. Young, Patricia A.; Taylor, Brandon C. // T+D;Nov2010, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p76
The article provides a scenario in which Edgar, an instructional designer, must develop the organization's first international learning project for its employees and discusses how Edgar should get started. The design process of action planning for developing, managing, evaluating the product,...
- CourseSmart Expands Distribution Opportunities. // Educational Marketer;10/8/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p7
The article reports on the partnership agreement between CourseSmart LLC, a San Mateo, California-based higher education electronic textbook (etextbook) and digital course materials platform provider, with cloud-based learning management platform provider Instructure Inc. The move is an effort...
- The downgrading of ID. Little, Bob // e.learning age;Sep2005, p38
Traces the history of instructional design (ID) in Great Britain. Advent of ID between 1974 and 1977; Dilemma facing ID in the country; Link between ID and electronic-learning.
- Tight Market Emphasizes Need for Smart Selling. // Electronic Education Report;12/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p1
An interview with Alan Stern of Academic Business Advisors is presented. When asked regarding the impact of market decline in the selling process of educational materials, he refers to product positioning to address the basic needs. He believes that federal funding is an essential source in...
- Reducing the Online Instructor's Administrative Burden. // Online Classroom;Apr2004, p4
Focuses on ways to minimize the amount of time spent on redundant administrative tasks for online courses. Anticipation of questions and problems that students might have in learning the content; Account of menu items included in the Educator software of UCompass.Com used by Dayle Yeager,...
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN FOR LEARNING: TECHNOLOGY AND PEDAGOGY. King-Sears, Margaret // Learning Disability Quarterly;Fall2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p199
The author explains the concept of universal design for learning (UDL). According to the author, UDL is not solely about the use of technology in education, but it is also about the pedagogy, or instructional practices used for students with or without disabilities. She adds that UDL has seven...