Grants Foster Community College Program Expansion
- CareerConnect Grants Will Expand High School Options. // Electronic Education Report;4/11/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the $107 million CareerConnect grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Department of Education to 12 recipients in April 2014 to align the country's educational system with the labor market.
- The Push to Retrain Unemployed Workers. Chitty, Haley // University Business;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p29
The article focuses on the efforts of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to ensure that unemployed workers could gain access to student aid. A letter written on behalf of Education Secretary Arne Duncan indicates that families experiencing a layoff, a medical situation and a...
- Tennessee QSCB Sale Means 15 Schools Get Interest-Free Loans. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/30/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33392, p3
The article reports that fifteen schools in Tennessee will receive interest-free loans for capital projects from the qualified school construction bond program provided by the U.S. Congress.
- Big grant to boost manufacturing training in N.H. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/7/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p4
No abstract available.
- Portland Actors Conservatory Receives First Federal Financial Aid. // Stage Directions;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the funding received by the Portland Actors Conservatory from the Federal Financial Aid for the programs offered by the Conservatory which aims to cover the 8500 dollar annual tuition, the living, travel and books allowances, and for other expenses of students.
- U.S. Department Announce Delaware and Tennessee Win Race to The Top Grants. // Special Education Technology Practice;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
The article announces the presentation of grants of approximately 100 million U.S. dollars to the state of Delaware and 500 million U.S. dollars to the state of Tennessee in the first phase of the Race to the Top Competition.
- Grant Winners Start Putting 'i3' Money to Use. McNeil, Michele // Education Week;4/6/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p26
The article reports on the use of federal aid from the Investing in Innovation (i3) fund by U.S. schools eight months after the beginning of the program.
- NEW YORK: School Stimulus Gap Looms. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/28/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33239, p9
The article reports on the possible rise of property tax in the school year 2011-2012 when the federal funding provided under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to New York district schools runs out.
- Feds Give Fewer Dollars Than States. // Principal;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the amount of money that the U.S. federal government contributed to public elementary and secondary education during the 2006-2007 school year.