HMH Acquires Professional Development Provider
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt EM's Top PreK-12 Publisher. // Educational Marketer;5/11/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p1
No abstract available.
- Bigger Is Better. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/6/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 14, p4
The article looks at 2014 financial information from the major trade publishers HarperCollins (HC), Penguin Random House (PRH), Simon & Schuster, Lagardere Publishing, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH). Particular focus is given to the acquisition of Harlequin by HC and to U.S. sales growth at...
- Financial Briefs. // Electronic Education Report;9/30/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p8
The article discusses the year-on-year financial performance of publishing company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for the second quarter and the first half of 2013 with particular focus on revenue figures.
- Industry Stocks: May Performances. // Publishers Weekly;6/8/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 23, p6
A chart is presented that shows the stock performance of various publishing companies in the U.S. as of May 29, 2015, including Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Scholastic and Publishers Weekly.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. Emerges. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the completion of the merger of U.S. educational publishing houses, Houghton Mifflin Co. and Harcourt Education Group, creating Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. The acquisition by Houghton Mifflin covers Harcourt K-12 educational publishing business as well as the...
- Post-Bankruptcy, HMH Considers IPO and Acquisitions. // Electronic Education Report;7/9/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p2
The article reports on the consideration made by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt regarding initial public offering in the next 18-24 months and is open to looking at small acquisitions in Boston, Massachusetts.
- HMH Launches Children's Website. // Educational Marketer;4/22/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the moves of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) which has acquired Montreal, Quebec-based digital games developer Tribal Nova and has launched a web site for its storybook character Curious George. It states that the initiatives are...
- HMH, Career Ed Buy & Sell. // Educational Marketer;11/4/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that publishing company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) has acquired Choice Solutions Inc., a provider of data analytics, integration solutions and professional services for state and district-level education systems. HMH is aiming to be an educational services provider. The...
- HMH Buys Channel One; Q1 Revenue Declines. // Educational Marketer;5/16/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p1
The article offers developments related to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co.'s (HMH), educational materials provider, in the U.S. In May 2014, HMH acquired Channel One News, a firm that broadcasts and furnishes everyday news for schools, aimed at incorporating non-fiction video content to...