Wiley Higher Ed Benefits From Digital Growth
- Financial Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/19/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p8
The article offers news briefs related to companies engaged in electronic publishing in the U.S. John Wiley & Sons' U.S. Higher Education segment has produced $48 million from sales in accounting and business for the third quarter, ended January 31, 2007. Steve Smith was appointed as the new...
- Breaking Even Is Hard to Do. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p29
Focuses on the electronic publishing business of John Wiley & Sons. Financial status of the company; Number of titles that it carries; Agreement with digital services provider Innodata.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;6/10/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the number of teacher-education titles acquired by John Wiley & Sons from Prentice Hall Direct, a unit of Pearson Education.
- Wiley Outpaces the Industry with 3% Gains in U.S. College Sales in the August-October Period. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the U.S. Increase of revenue from the college market; Increase of sales from new accounting books; Improvement of market share.
- Wiley Higher Education Revenue Increases 8.6% in 9-Month Period. // Educational Marketer;3/28/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the 8.6% increase in the global high education revenue at John Wiley & Sons Inc. of Hoboken, New Jersey in the first nine months of fiscal 2011. It notes the about 16% of the global revenue is represented by sales of electronic books, digital content sold to institutions,...
- Wiley Partners with netLibrary, Lightning Source. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p41
Reports that, as of December, 2000, John Wiley & Sons has signed agreements with netLibrary and Lightning Source. Distribution of Wiley's frontlist titles; How netLibrary will provide digital conversion and electronic distribution, while Lightning Source will provide digital distribution...
- Wiley talks of electronic future. // Publishers Weekly;10/9/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 41, p15
Focuses on the preparation plans of Charles Ellis, chief executive officer of John Wiley for the development of electronic publishing technology at the firm. Launching of the `Journal of Image Guided Surgery (JIGS)' on the Internet; Instructions for online access to `JIGS'; Defense of slow...
- Wiley Greets Fall with New College Titles. // Educational Marketer;9/15/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the publication of a number of college textbooks editions of Hoboken, New Jersey-based John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the fiscal first quarter of 2008 aimed at increasing global revenue.
- Wiley's Pesce Sees Growth In College Market. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the expectation of William Pesce, chief executive officer (CEO) of John Wiley & Sons Inc., for the higher education publishing market in the U.S. in 2009. According to Pesce, the college market has been healthy in 2008 which is expected to continue until 2009. It states...