Momentum Builds for Textbook Rental Programs
- Battelle Wins $1M ARPA-E Grant to Research Battery Safety. // Power Electronics Technology Exclusive Insight;10/16/2012, p7
The article announces that Battle was awarded a 1 million U.S. dollar grant from the Advanced Research Projects Agency- Energy (ARPA-E) of the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) to develop internal sensing for high-energy lithium-ion batteries.
- Navy Yard Site to be Energy-Efficiency Design Hub. Koshmrl, Mike // Solar Today;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p17
The article offers information on the 122 million-dollar grant by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to Penn State University researchers after initiating a design hub for energy-efficient buildings on the Navy Yard campus in south Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Oppegard Retires at Nebraska Book; Major Named New CEO. // Educational Marketer;5/21/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p4
The article announces that Mark Oppegard, chief executive officer (CEO) of Nebraska Book Co. is retiring from his position and Barry Major, currently president and chief operating officer, will replace him.
- U.S. Energy Department grants $1.87 million for plant fuel project. Phillips, Kathleen // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/15/2012, p3
The article reports that a grant of 1.8 million U.S. dollars has been given by the U.S. Department of Energy to Joshua Yuan, Texas AgriLife Research plant pathologist, to study the potential of tobacco as a fuel source. About 2 million U.S. dollars will still be given to transfer the technology...
- DOE Awards $7 Million For Fuel Cells, Hydrogen Storage. // Energy Daily;8/15/2011, Issue 155, p5
The article reports on the 7 million U.S.-dollar funding to be awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy over a 5-year period to companies who will do independent cost analysis and research on lowered production costs for fuel cells and hydrogen storage systems.
- Energy Department Awards Five-Year Grant To New Mexico Environment Department. // Nuclear Waste News;10/25/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p7
The article informs a five-year grant of U.S. dollar 1.6 million has been awarded to the state government agency New Mexico Environment Department by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to evaluate activities at Waste Isolation Pilot Plant of DOE related to environmental monitoring and cleanup.
- DOE Funds Small Business SSL Grants. // Lighting Design & Application;Nov2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on small businesses which focus on advances in solid-state lighting (SSL) technology that have been awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) with Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant.
- DOE supporting seven SOFC projects aimed at better coal conversion. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the 3.5 million U.S. dollars grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy through its National Energy Technology Lab to seven solid oxide fuel cell projects, which includes the cathode durability project of Georgia Tech and the improved electrochemical performance...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/23/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 141, p44103
The article presents information on recent developments related to the U.S. Dept. Of Energy (DOE). The DOE's Loan Programs Office (LPO) has announced to hold a series of public meetings on draft of a prospective solicitation announcement for Federal Loan Guarantees for Advanced Fossil Energy...