Financial Briefs ï¿½
- Financial Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;5/23/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the business revenue e of educational publishing companies in the U.S. in the first quarter of fiscal 2011 including the 17.5-percent increase in revenue of Blackboard Inc., the 21.3-percent-decline in revenue of Princeton Review Inc., and the...
- Weekly Reader Down; Prospects Up. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the decreased in the 2010 revenue of Weekly Reader Publishing Group in White Plains, New York. It states that the company generated revenue of 26.2 million dollars, a 14.1 percent decline from 30.5 million in 2009. Also the operating income of the company decrease by 2.4...
- Scholastic Rescues Weekly Reader; Plans Transition. // Educational Marketer;3/12/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of classroom magazine publisher Weekly Reader Corp. by Scholastic Inc. A Scholastic spokesman says that Weekly Reader would continue publishing as usual through the school year 2011-2012, while Scholastic plans the transition. Meanwhile, Simba Information...
- Blackboard Revenue Up 30.8% in 2007. // Educational Marketer;2/18/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the increase of the revenue of Washington, D.C.-based education enterprise platform software Blackboard Inc. It states that Blackboard reported 239.4 million dollars in revenue in 2007, 30.8 % higher than the previous year. It indicates that the product unit contributed to...
- Blackboard Finishes Strong In '09, Looks to Mobile in '10. // Educational Marketer;2/ 1/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of enterprise electronic-learning software provider Blackboard Inc. in the fourth-quarter of 2009 in Washington, D.C. It notes the company's 20.8% increase business revenue from 2008 as well as the improvement of the company's operating income. It...
- Blackboard Expects Growth in 2009's Difficult Business Environment. // Electronic Education Report;2/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the performance of Washington, D.C.-based Blackboard Inc. as of February 23, 2009. It says that the company expects a rise in 2009 revenue of 361 million to 373 million dollars. According the company's president Michael Chasen, the solutions that they provide are the core...
- Weeky Reader Web Site Is Redesigned. // Educational Marketer;10/14/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p8
Reports on Stamford, Connecticut-based Weekly Reader's launch of a redesigned Web site as a companion for its K-12 publication 'Weekly Reader.'
- Weekly Reader Unveils Expanded Web Site. // Electronic Education Report;10/11/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p5
Reports on Weekly Reader's launch of a redesigned web site.
- Winners named in writing contest. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the Letters About Literature contest, sponsored by the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress and Weekly Reader Corporation. Competition levels of the contest; Winners in each level.