Advances in Lecture Capture and College Technology
- Lessons in Video. Ullman, Ellen // University Business;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p28
The article features the use of video streaming equipment by Lubbock Christian University (LCU) in Texas. According to Karl Mahan, vice president of technological advancement at LCU, video-streaming equipment is a good investment. The author also cites Sonic Foundry Inc., Panopto, and Echo360,...
- Digital Promise Formed to Advance Technology. // Electronic Education Report;10/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p6
The article offers information on the Digital Promise, an initiative established by the U.S. government to increase technology utilization in schools which is funded by the Department of Education, the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.
- Best In Tech 2010: Whiteboard Solutions. // Scholastic Administrator;Fall2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the use of interactive whiteboard systems in schools or districts in the U.S. which is considered the best educational technology in 2010.
- Staying Connected On the Go. TEAL, DERRICK // Environmental Design & Construction;Apr2014, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the usage of technology in U.S. classrooms and tackles the educational philosophy in Waldorf institutions.
- What's in Your Blend? Mojkowski, Charles // Education Week;10/2/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p26
The author argues that U.S. schools should use technologies to promote innovative blended learning opportunities, highlighting the importance of human intelligence in educational innovations as opposed to the uncritical adoption of technologies purveyed by salespeople.
- New Coalition Is Launched To Speed Tech. Innovation. Quillen, Ian // Education Week;3/9/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p8
The article presents a profile of the U.S. nonprofit educational technology organization ConvergeUS, which is backed by the online social networking web site Twitter and the technology innovation group TechNet, and describes its goals of designing innovative technologies for reading, math, and...
- Engineering Education Centers and Programs: A Critical Resource. LITZINGER, THOMAS A. // Journal of Engineering Education;Jan2010, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p3
The author explores the roles of Engineering Education Centers and Programs in the scholarship of engineering education in the U.S. He highlights the translation of the scholarship into practice with the help of centers and programs established by universities across the country. It offers...
- Undergraduate Research in a Mobile, Web 3.0 World. // Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly;Winter2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p47
The article presents research projects related to the use of mobile technology by different universities in the U.S. It mentions a research project addressing the educational needs in one interdisciplinary project. It notes the introduction of service learning into a software-engineering course....
- Resisting Complacency, Fear, and the Philistine: The University and Its Challenges. Botstein, Leon // Hedgehog Review;Summer2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p7O
The article presents a lecture delivered by Bard College president Leon Botstein at the University of Virginia on February 1, 2013 regarding challenges facing U.S. universities. He discusses the need for scholars and teachers to overcome the presumed threat of technology. He contends that...