Pearson Cool on 2011 Outlook in K-12 Adoptions
- With An Eye On The Bottom Line, Pearson Education Refocuses The Learning Network On The K-12 Market. // Educational Marketer;05/07/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the plan of Pearson Education to refocus its Learning Network Web site on the K-12 school and home market in an effort to increase advertising revenues.
- Eyeing The Bottom Line, Pearson Focuses Learning Network On K-12. // Electronic Education Report;05/09/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p5
Reports the corporate strategy of Pearson Education for its electronic education Learning Network business operations in the United States. Details the strategy of the company; Improvement of Learning Network's programs; Dismissal of employees due to company reorganization.
- News Briefsï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;11/3/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p7
The article offers news briefs related to business enterprises in the U.S. Scientific Learning Corp. based in California will begin shipping Fast ForWord to Literacy intended to help adolescents and young adults develop skills. Pearson Education Inc. introduced two interpretative guides for...
- Familiar Plato Learning Faces Turn Up At Pearson Education. // Educational Marketer;1/17/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p6
The article presents information on various new appointments made at Pearson Education Inc. John Super, former senior vice president for strategic planning at Plato Education, has landed at Pearson Education. Super was named president of LessonLab, Pearson's professional development offering for...
- Federal Money Is Flowing Apart from Stimulus. // Electronic Education Report;10/19/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p1
The article reports the distribution of the educational funding by the U.S. government in 2009 which was unrelated to the stimulus funding. It says that Department of Education in October had distributed some 21.8-billion dollars in grants to support several state-administered programs, aimed at...
- Pearson Forms Publishing Alliance With IBM. // Book Publishing Report;8/2/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p1
The article focuses on business alliance formation. Pearson Education Inc. has formed a global alliance with computing giant International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) to publish business and technology books under a new IBM Press imprint. The books will be distributed and sold globally in...
- Pearson Ed. Creates Early Learning Group, Announces Two Appointments. // Electronic Education Report;05/10/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p2
Reports on Pearson Education's formation of the Pearson Education Early Learning Group, a unit designed to tap into the growing preschool and early literacy market.
- 3 Publishers Add Online Library Services To College Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;12/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p6
Reports that Pearson Education, McGraw-Hill and Harcourt have linked electronic library functions to college textbooks.
- Tennessee K-6 Reading Adoption Sales Appear Robust; Pearson Leads. // Educational Marketer;06/18/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the sales gained by Pearson Education in the Tennessee K-6 reading program adoption in spring 2001.